Monday, November 6, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 11/6/23

Eeekk, it's November already!  The next two months are very busy but with a lot of joyful moments planned.  Yesterday I was telling a friend that I've reached that time in the year where I really need to focus on just one week at a time so that I can keep everything organized.  Some of that weekly focus is on preparing for later things but I find it helps for me to break those bigger plans/tasks into smaller ones and prep a bit each week.  So I'm taking a few minutes to blog and then will jump in to the task of breaking up those bigger plans.   Happy to again be joining in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.   

The Weather:

It's chilly here with a mix of sun & clouds.  The highs this week are only supposed to be in the 40's to low 50's so definitely feeling more late fall now.  The time change and earlier sunsets are also giving that late fall/winter vibe.

Outside my Window:

Many of the leaves have dropped so the trees are looking a bit bare now.

 Right Now I am:

Blogging and enjoying the quiet while I wait for laundry to finish.


Thinking and Pondering: 

How to break up bigger tasks over the next few weeks.
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
 
Haven't listened to any this week.

On my T.V this week:

Probably will finish the mini series All The Light We Cannot See.  I read the book a few years back and have been enjoying the Netflix mini series based on the book.  Highly recommend this book!

On the Dinner Plate:

Leftovers

On the Menu this week:

Don't have all the meals figured out but so far:
Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Parm
Meatball Sub on a Stick

What I'm Reading:

Bible
A Slave No More (getting back to this one)


On my To-Do list today:

Finish Laundry 
Sketch out the week and hopefully next few weeks
Finish planning meals to prep for later in the month


Plans for this week:

Keep up with housework.
Vote in local elections.
Dentist visit
Enjoy extra time with kids on their days off (for voting & veterans day)
Continue working on daughter's blanket


What I'm Creating:

So last week my husband and I built a plant shelf.  We had seen a similar design on Etsy and decided to recreate it for our dining room window.   I really love how the floor is clear and how cozy this corner looks. The shelves swing out so we can still open/close the window and clean it when needed.

                                                                        Daytime photo


                                            Nighttime photo (I love how cozy this corner looks)
 

I was also able to work on the graphgan for my daughter.  So all in all a productive week for crafting.

From the Camera:

'Tis the season for baking.  Last week at Awana the younger kids (Sparks) decorated pumpkins.  Our youngest came home and asked me to roast the pumpkin so we could make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  Here she is helping to put the dough on the cookie sheets.  
 

Highlight from Last week:

This past week was quite full. From the regular events like, Awana & Youth group, to a PTO meeting, dentist appointments, a church workday, a concert date night, hosting friends for Sunday lunch and an unexpected video call from our oldest girl.  There were many highlights and I'm so thankful for each of them.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

In the read through the Bible in a year plan that I am using this year; we read John 13 the other day.  This passage has become one that I return to over and over for both encouragement and admonishment.  The example Jesus gives of washing feet is rooted in the fact that He is fully grounded in Who He is, Who sent Him, what His purpose is and where He is going.  Such a great reminder to keep our focus on God so that we are willing and able to love and serve as He directs.

I posted more on this passage a few years ago in a blog post titled Thoughts on John 13




On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom for parenting.

Wisdom in scheduling and preparing for these busy next few months.

6 comments:

  1. Love the new plant shelves. such a pretty picture of your helper - luludou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had fun visiting, have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken pot pie and parm are two of my favorite meals. I will be over too eat 😋. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the plants and your new plant shelf. Great one. And what a nice plants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to watch that mini-series, yet to read the book. Do you think it would be better to read the book before watching the show or would it matter? Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always prefer to read a book first; just personal preference. It's been a few years since I've read the book, but as far as I can remember the series followed the book pretty closely.

      Delete