Thursday, November 16, 2023

Thankful Thursday: Countdown to Thanksgiving

Seems hard to believe that next Thursday is Thanksgiving.  I'm grateful for this month; where many take a more focused look at gratitude.  It's easy to focus on what is wrong with this fallen world but oh! the gift of focusing on the goodness of God!  How that even in such a fallen world His faithfulness, goodness, and grace are on full display.  

 

 

Bringing More Than Enough - ppt download

 

 There is SO much for us to be grateful for.  So here is my list of things I'm thankful for this week:

    - I'm thankful for walks & talks with good friends who encourage, pray for and walk life with me.

    - I'm thankful for the energy & time to get tasks done ahead of "schedule".

    - I'm thankful for Scripture; God's Word to us!  That it is always relevant, fresh and living.

    - I'm thankful for God's patience and understanding with me.  His timing of giving just what I need when I need it.

    - I'm thankful for talks with my kids, including those unexpected calls from our oldest two as they navigate college and see God working.

    - I'm thankful for "car concerts" with my girls! And for new songs shared with me by my kiddos.


The song below was shared with me last night by one of my daughters.  I love the message & the sound of this song.  The reminder to "put it down" and trust Jesus.  Take a minute to listen; I pray you will be blessed and encouraged.



What are you especially thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment