Monday, November 13, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 11/13/23

I almost didn't sit down to blog but the thought of just sitting down and doing something routine was actual a comfort today.  Some days are just harder and a Monday after a long weekend seems to be one of them.  It's hard (but a necessity) to be reminded over and over that while we, as mamas, can control a lot of things there are certain things we will never be able to control.  Resting today in the truth that God does really have all of us. 

 I'm happy to say that last week I did get to writing up a schedule for the next two months.  So, it's broken down by each week and what needs to be accomplished each week.  It's doesn't seem quite so overwhelming to have it all written out. So with that said, I am happy to again be joining in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.   

The Weather:

It's chilly here with a mix of sun & clouds.  This morning it was 25F when I took the youngest out to the bus stop.  Brrr...

Outside my Window:

It's sunny right now with lots of blue sky.

 Right Now I am:

Blogging and enjoying the quiet.


Thinking and Pondering: 

If I will finish the decorations for the PTO parade float today or tomorrow.  I'm helping make some giant lollipop decorations.   Also deciding what days I'll do other tasks since I have an appt in the city this week and other things that will take up some extra time.
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
 
Haven't listened to any this week.

On my T.V this week:

Not sure.  Maybe a Studio Ghibli movie or two since our 15yr old is really into those lately.

On the Dinner Plate:

Roasted Pork Loin, Rice & some veggie

On the Menu this week:

Not sure, might just make extra of meals I'm prepping and freezing.

What I'm Reading:

Bible
The Echo of Old Books


On my To-Do list today:

Finish Laundry 
Work on float decorations
Shop for new coat ✓
Write note to prayer partner ✓


Plans for this week:

Keep up with housework.
Appt in the city
Walk with a friend
Gathering Table (ladies group at church) Friendsgiving 
Start Prepping meals
Help decorate float
Pick up oldest daughter from airport (Thanksgiving break)!


What I'm Creating:

Making some giant lollipop decorations for a parade float.  Not sure I'll get to much other crafting                                                                        

From the Camera:

So, I checked to see if I'd taken any photos this week and I haven't.   
 

Highlight from Last week:

The highlight from last week was that the kids had two days off from school.  Tuesday was election day and Friday they had off for Veteran's Day.  We didn't do really anything special but it is always nice to have some more relaxing days.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

This morning as I was reading through Acts chapter 7 I noticed verses 24-25.  Stephen is retelling the events of the Old Testament and showing how all of it was pointing to Christ.  In verse 24-25 he is speaking about Moses. Moses had killed an Egyptian and it says "He supposed that his brothers would understand that God was giving them salvation by his hand, but they did not understand."  Moses thought that they would see him as their great savior; how wonderful it was that he, Moses, would stand up for them.  But God's plan was to glorify Himself & show He was their True Savior...not Moses.

So often we try to control things and "help" how we think things should go; but God's timing and ways are always best.  His purposes will be fulfilled but it rarely, if ever, looks like how we think it should go or in the timing we think is best.  

It was such a great reminder to me, especially on this harder morning, that I don't have to figure everything out, that it's not my job to fix everything for everyone.  My job is to pray, serve as God leads and to leave it all in His more than capable hands.



On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Safe travels as oldest girl flies home.

Wisdom in parenting

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

6 comments:

  1. I almost didn't blog today either other than to work on one for next Sunday (which I always write and schedule ahead). Last week was busy, nearly all of the busyness involved very good things. But today I am tired and should be focusing on other things. Yet I just wanted to take time to blog and yes, that felt good and normal.

    Great thoughts and reminder concerning Moses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The busyness here is all good things but still a lot to schedule. Thankful we both found time to blog. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your beautiful, honest, and also encouraging blog. My Monday didn't go smoothly either. I had so much planned to do, but due to blood pressure fluctuations and women's things, it was really not pleasant. Indeed, God's timing and ways are always the best. Thank you for reminding me of that.

    Does your oldest girl have to fly far? From a different continent.

    Groetjes (greetings) from the Netherlands.
    Aritha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our daughter is flying from another part of the country but it's her first time flying alone so praying all goes smoothly for her. We are really looking forward to having a few days with her.

      Delete
  3. Oh the float must be so beautiful. do post pics of the decorations you are making. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to post some next week. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete