Monday, November 20, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 11/20/23

Taking a quick minute to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.   

The Weather:

Cold & sunny. 

Outside my Window:

Lots of sunshine, a few leaves still on the trees.

 Right Now I am:

Blogging and waiting for the oven to preheat.


Thinking and Pondering: 

What I need to make for Thanksgiving dinner (not hosting but bringing some dishes).  I also need to make a packing list as my husband and I will be away with friends for a few days in the coming weeks.
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
 Haven't listened to any this week.

On my T.V this week:

Not sure.  Maybe a Studio Ghibli movie or two since our 15yr old is really into those lately.

On the Dinner Plate:

Chicken and Rice Soup

On the Menu this week:

Soup
Swedish meatballs
Chicken pot pie?
Thanksgiving dinner

What I'm Reading:

Bible
The Words we Whisper; haven't gotten very far into this so we'll see how it goes.


On my To-Do list today:

Finish Laundry 
Errands ✓
Make Bread✓
Write note to prayer partner & oldest son & mail them. ✓


Plans for this week:

Keep up with housework.
Thanksgiving Eve Service
Celebrate Thanksgiving w/family
Take daughter to airport (returning to college after Thanksgiving break)
Pack for trip

What I'm Creating:

I promised pictures of the giant lollipops I was making so here is that picture and also a couple of the parade float.  I was hoping to walk in the parade with our youngest two but with iffy weather and a family member needing help last minute, the logistics for walking didn't work out.  It was still fun to help decorate the float. 
 



 
                                                                        

From the Camera:

Just the ones from above.   
 

Highlight from Last week:

The highlight from last week was definitely our oldest coming in Saturday night for a visit.  It's great to have her home for a few days.  Another highlight was celebrating Friendsgiving with the ladies group at church.  We are currently going through a study on the Lord's Prayer and the time together was so sweet and encouraging..with yummy food too!

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

How Do We Fare? And after some days Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us return  now and visit the brethren in every city wherein we proclaimed the word of  the. - ppt

These few verses really stood out to me this week.  People had heard of the work God had done in Paul's life and they glorified God.  Am I living my life so that if people were to hear about God working in my life they would glorify Him?  Is my life one that always, only points others to glorify God and not seeking my own glory?

On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Safe travels over the next several weeks as many family & friends are traveling.

Wisdom in parenting

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your blog post, Elisha

    You've made fantastic large lollipops. You can be proud of yourself, truly. I especially wish you a week without much stress. And thank you for your words and thought on the Bible verses.

    What do you mean by Thanksgiving Eve Service? Is that a church service? Perhaps a silly question, but I'm curiousm haha.

    Greetings fro Europe,
    Aritha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you asked! Yes, the Thanksgiving Eve service is a special service that our church does each year on the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. Our pastor gives a short devotional, we have a time of singing, and then people share what they are especially thankful for each year; and/or how God has worked in their lives that year. It's a wonderful time to slow down in the busyness of the season and focus on all God has done.

      Hope you have a wonderful week as well.

      Delete
  2. That float and the lollipops are so cool! I hope you have a great week and a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to enjoy time with your eldest. Love the lollipops! Have a great Thanksgiving week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your verse and devotional quote. Thought provoking for sure!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful lollipops! And that float looks amazing, sorry the weather didn't cooperate for you. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday and are enjoying today!

    ReplyDelete