Monday, December 4, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 12/4/23

Welcome December!  I'm slowly gathering things for Christmas but definitely not ready yet.  I'm thankful to be able to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.   

The Weather:

Cold & cloudy.  It' supposed to be pretty chilly all week.  I'm not a huge fan of snow but I love to have some for Christmas so it would be nice if we got some in the next couple weeks. 

Outside my Window:

Cloudy and still wet from the rain yesterday.  Our neighbors across the street have their house all decorated so it's pretty to see their Christmas lights at night.

Right Now I am:

Blogging and enjoying a quiet moment after a very hectic couple of weeks.


Thinking and Pondering: 

What I need to get done today.  Whether to cook for dinner or just have leftovers.
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
 Haven't listened to any this week; although a friend recently recommended the podcast called History that Doesn't Suck so I'm hoping to check that one out soon.

On my T.V this week:

Not sure.  Maybe a Christmas movie.

On the Dinner Plate:

Not sure yet; either something quick or leftover chicken pot pie.

On the Menu this week:

Beef & Barley Soup

What I'm Reading:

Bible
Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr


On my To-Do list today:

Finish Laundry 
Errands ✓
Write note to prayer partner & compassion child & mail them. ✓


Plans for this week:

Keep up with housework.
Parent-Teacher Conferences
Help with Scholastic book fair
Continue decorating & preparing for Christmas

What I'm Creating:

I'm still slowly working on my daughter's blanket but haven't had much time for crafting lately.  I may make some mug shaped gift card holders (including a gift card of course) as teacher gifts but we'll have to see how the week goes.

                                                               

From the Camera:

My husband and I were blessed to get away with friends for a few days.  While we did have some pretty significant bumps along the way, God blessed and provided and we were able to enjoy the time away and connecting with friends.  When we got home I had to replace my phone and in doing that I lost several of the pictures I took.  I'm hoping they are on the memory card from the old phone so I'll have my husband check that this week.   This is one of the only pictures that I still have on my phone. We were able to have a special dinner at a rooftop restaurant.  After eating dinner we were encouraged to go out on the balcony to watch fireworks.  It was such a fun way to spend and evening. 
 

 
 

Highlight from Last week:

There were several highlights from last week.  Seeing God provide in very special ways was definitely at the top.  The second would be the wonderful candlelight processional we watched.  The music, the Scripture and the venue were all beautiful.  I had pictures of this but alas, they aren't on my new phone.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

I recently saw a quote that said something to the effect of 

"When we are feeling lonely or overlooked it is often a sign that we have put someone else in the place of Jesus."  

It was a great reminder that we are to find our ALL in Jesus and He promises to never leave us or forsake us.  He is El Roi; the God who sees us.  We are never left alone or overlooked by Him.  Others may hurt or disappoint us but God is faithful to His promises and we can trust fully in His presence and love.


On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Safe travels over the next several weeks as many family & friends are traveling.

Wisdom in parenting

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

1 comment:

  1. I like your quote, Elisha. It reminds me of the time I shared with a friend how though I pray often for the needs of others, occasionally I wonder if anyone is praying for me. My friend looked me in the eye and said confidently, "Jesus is." That straightened out my thinking in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete