Friday, April 6, 2012

Some thoughts for Easter

We have very few Easter traditions but one that we all enjoy and that gives a wonderful hands on illustration of what Easter is all about is to make resurrection cookies.  These are cookies you make the night before Easter and have Bible verses to go with each step. 

If you'd like to try them you can find the recipe here.

I hope you all have a blessed Easter!  A friend shared a thought on his Facebook status the other day and I wanted to share it here

"Why do bad things happen to good people?  That only happened once and He volunteered" 

I can't fully wrap my mind around all that that statement entails..how the God of the universe would volunteer to take my sins upon Himself.  I am so thankful that He did!!  Happy Easter!

But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment