Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rainbows in dirt

 (Photo Credit: kimberlysnyder.net)

A few weeks ago God used a conversation with my 3 year old to teach me an important lesson; that His promises are always true,  it is only our focus or perspective that makes it seem not so.  It has been a blessing and great reminder to me so I thought I would share.

I was walking into the local grocery store with my 3 year old when the following conversation took place:

K: "Momma, do you see the rainbow?" said excitedly
Me: "What rainbow?"
K: "Right there" as she points to the arc made in the dirt of a car's rear window by the windshield wiper.

I said that I did see the rainbow and was a bit amused that she would see a rainbow in the dirt.  Throughout, that day and since then that scene has been brought to my mind many times.  How often do I look at life, the inconveniences, the annoyances and everyday mundane things and merely see dirt when in fact God is showing Himself faithful, true and blessing me thru each one of those.  If I only changed my focus from the things to the One in control of all then instead of dirt I would see the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment