Monday, February 5, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 2/5/24

Phew...Made it!  Last week was very busy here and I didn't have any time to sit down and blog.  It was a good week filled with good things but very busy!  On Monday the kids had a 2 hour delay so they had a shorter school day.  I spent the time after they left deep cleaning a room.  Tuesday I was blessed to get to visit with my sister; we don't live far apart but it just seems we don't get together nearly as much as we'd like.  Wednesday I had some time out with a friend and then another friend and her daughter joined us for dinner.  Thursday I was able to be home and Friday was errands and a much needed hair cut.  So, again, a great week but busy.  I'm happy to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.    I hope you all are having a great week and start to this new year.

The Weather:

It's chilly here but sunny!!! It has been soooo dreary and gray the last few weeks that having sun is such a blessing.  I'm very ready for spring and warmer weather.

Outside my Window:

The sun is shining.  There are buds on the ornamental plum tree and the magnolia tree; which seems very odd for the beginning of February.  

Right Now I am:

Taking a minute to sit and blog while laundry finishes and the bread finishes it's first rise.  


Thinking and Pondering: 

How patient God is with me.  He never tires of us bringing our thoughts, praises, requests and concerns to Him.  He is always there to listen, teach, guide and correct.  I'm so thankful for the relationship He provides through His Son, Jesus.  
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
Haven't listened to any this week. 

On my T.V this week:

No idea. Maybe catch up on some YouTube channels I follow.  Oh, and my husband introduced me to a new one called Sandwiches of History.  I already follow Tasting History and love that channel so the sandwiches one should be fun...I just really love history. 

On the Dinner Plate:

Tonight is Moo Shu Chicken using this recipe and substituting chicken for the pork.   I'll cook up some brown rice to go with it since a few of the kids aren't fans of tortillas.

On the Menu this week:

Ham Dinner 
Pea Soup (one of the kids requested this so that's why I'm making the ham)
Beef & Barley Soup
 
What I'm Reading:
Bible
Artificial Condition (Book 2 of the Murderbot Diaries) -these are short (~150pgs each) books and just a fun scifi read.
Be Confident: Live by Faith Not by Sight by Warren Weirsbe


On my To-Do list today:

Workout
Laundry
Make Bread
Clean up random things around the house
Women's Ministry Meeting tonight
 
 

Plans for this week:

Make Bread

Women's Ministry Meeting

Get Oil Change

Eye Dr. Appt.

Keep up with housework

Finish weaving in ends on daughter's blanket

Write 2 notes & send out

 


What I'm Creating:

I finished the whale for the fundraiser, both it and the shawlette sold so I'm happy!  I'm also almost done with my daughter's blanket; I just need to weave in all the ends and then it's done.  
 
 



 



                                                     
This is my 6yr old cuddling him. 


From the Camera:

Other than the whale pictures I don't really have any.

Highlight from Last week:

It was great to hang out with my sister one day and a friend another day.  I'm so thankful for the ladies God has brought into my life.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

I'm studying through Hebrews and this verse in particular caught my attention.  As my readers know, I love to dig into the original forms and meanings of the words.  The two words merciful and faithful are the ones I focused on here.  Reading through the original meanings brings so much beauty of this verse into focus. 

eleémón - merciful, acting consistently with the revelation of God's covenant. Actively compassionate.

pistos - faithful, trustworthy.  Trusty, faithful, of persons who show themselves faithful in the transaction of business, the execution of commands, or the discharge of official duties. 

This made me think of the verses in 2 Corinthians 1:19-20 where we are told that " For all the promises of God find their Yes in him."  Jesus is faithful to fulfill all that God has promised!  He always acts consistently with God's covenant. 

**all lexicon information is from biblehub.com

Humility of Christ



On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom in parenting.

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

Wisdom for how to deal with a difficult person.

1 comment:

  1. How I wish my sis lived near here (3 hours away)! Just LOVE the whale. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete