Monday, February 26, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 2/26/24

It's hard to believe this is the last Monday of February.  While the winters here tend to be long; it's nice to feel that spring is on the way.  Since Easter is in March this year, Spring feels especially close now. Once again, I'm happy to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.  

The Weather:

It's sunny!!! It is also a bit warmer than it has been the past few weeks.  It's starting to feel a bit like spring. 

Outside my Window:

The sun is shining.  The trees are budding and I'm starting to get spring fever for some outside time in the yard doing some cleanup.  The temps aren't quite warm enough (or ground dry enough) yet; but it's nice to see that it's coming. 

Right Now I am:

Taking a minute to sit and blog while I wait for laundry and banana bread to finish.  


Thinking and Pondering: 

A phrase that has been a comfort to me over the past week or so and especially today.  I read a post on Instagram about how the phrase "I don't know" can be a prayer.  The phrase "I don't know, But God does, and I choose to trust Him" has been helping me to put things in perspective.  
 
I'm also pondering some projects; praying over which ones God would have me finish.     
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
None this week.  

On my T.V this week:

No idea. Maybe catch up on some YouTube channels I follow.  We've also been watching the new live-action Avatar show; while not as good as the animated, it's still been fun to watch with the kids.

On the Dinner Plate:

Not sure yet.  We may order in or I might make chicken noodle soup. 
 
On the Menu this week: 
 
So far just chicken noodle soup and stuffed pepper casserole.  
 
What I'm Reading:
Bible
Exit Strategy (Book 4 of the Murderbot Diaries) -these are short (~150pgs each) books and just a fun scifi read.
Be Confident: Live by Faith Not by Sight by Warren Weirsbe


On my To-Do list today:

Workout
Laundry
Catch up on random things

 
 

Plans for this week:

Catch up on laundry

Go to a school event for our son

Work on a crochet Kitty Pillow for our youngest.

Research some things for a possible project

Work on the newly installed trim (sand & possibly paint this week)

 Hem a couple pairs of pants


What I'm Creating:

I finally finished weaving in the ends on the blanket.  So, now I can share a picture! 
 

 
 
Now I'm working on a stuffed kitty pillow for our youngest.  After I made the whale she's been begging me to make her a giant stuffy so last week we found a pattern and I'm using up some blanket yarn from my stash.  I'm simplifying the pattern a bit, as I didn't want to buy any yarn for this project, but so far she's thrilled.

From the Camera:

We didn't do too many things during last week's vacation as some of the kids weren't feeling 100%; however, on Wednesday a friend texted last minute to see if we wanted to go snow tubing.  We went later in the afternoon and had so much fun.  A bonus of going later in the day was watching the sunset.




Highlight from Last week:

Tubing was definitely a highlight.  A couple other fun things were; having breakfast with a friend I don't see too often; Saturday I had an impromptu dinner out with two other close friends.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

I've been studying through the book of Hebrews.  I love the emphasis on how we can be confident of God, of our eternal salvation and of all of His promises.  Hebrews 4:16 speaks of the privilege we have as His children to  "with confidence draw near to the throne of grace".  

The word for confidence here is parrésia - meaning freedom of speech, confidence, boldness.  In this verse the idea is "free and fearless confidence, cheerful courage" that's how we can come before God's throne!  We can come fearless, cheerful and pour out all of our thoughts to God, we have freedom to speak to Him.  What a comfort and privilege prayer is; and a challenge to never lessen the value or take for granted the great honor it is that we can come before the God of the universe. 



On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom in parenting.

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

Wisdom for how to deal with difficult things and to trust God with all!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my that kitty blanket is awesome. Yes, February is almost done and March is coming in with rain here. Have a great week 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunset is beautiful and I'm glad you could have some special moments with friends.

    Loved your thought about "I don't know ... but God does." That's a frequent thought/prayer of mine as well. And the word for confidence in Hebrews 4:16 -- how awesome is that? Thanks for sharing!

    Life has been busy here and I am just not getting a homemaker post up again this week. We will be at TWNE again next week (though not on Monday) so I'm not sure it will happen then either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blanket. Snowtubing with the children - what beautiful memories you are making. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete