Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 1/22/24 (on a Tuesday)

I met a friend for coffee yesterday.  We aren't able to get together very often so it was such a blessing to sit and catch up.  She is a dear sister and it's always such an encouragement to chat.  Running a bit late this week on this post but didn't want to miss out so I thought I'd take a minute to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.    I hope you all are having a great week and start to this new year.

The Weather:

It's a bit warmer today than it has been the last few days.  We're supposed to get some more snow and rain in the next few days.  I'm so ready for sunny days but it doesn't look like we'll be having many anytime soon.

Outside my Window:

It's very cloudy and dreary today.  There's still snow and ice covering most things but I expect that won't be the case after the expected rain later this week.  

Right Now I am:

Taking a minute to sit and blog before continuing work on a new crochet project.  


Thinking and Pondering: 

That I really need to get a move on the new project so I can finish before Saturday.  Also thankful for a productive morning.  I've jumped back into an exercise routine that has worked well in the past and I'm really enjoying it.  It's funny how that we can forget the benefits of good habits and focus on just the negatives of "having to do this" but when we jump back in it's so good. 
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
Haven't listened to any this week.  Oh...I take that back, I listened to The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey where she interviewed Laura Story.  Laura wrote a book titled When God Doesn't Fix It.  I've had the book on my to-read list for awhile so it was nice to listen to the interview.

On my T.V this week:

Finishing up the miniseries Archie, which is a biopic of Cary Grant. 

On the Dinner Plate:

Tonight is Bao Buns and fruit salad 

On the Menu this week:

Sausage, Spinach & Potato Soup (this is a copycat recipe for Olive Garden's Zuppa Tuscana)
Bao Buns and Fruit Salad
Italian Beef Sliders
Chicken Caesar Salad
 
What I'm Reading:
Bible
Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah (about 80% done with this; it's gotten a bit better)
Be Confident: Live by Faith Not by Sight by Warren Weirsbe


On my To-Do list today:

Workout ✓
Laundry
Make Well-child appts for 2 kiddos ✓
Clean Bathrooms ✓
Work on Crochet project
Attend a wake for a friend's father
 
 

Plans for this week:

Make Bread

Meet friend for coffee ✓

Keep up with housework

Finish crochet project

Help with pasta dinner & silent auction fundraiser

Attend concert 

Write 2 notes & send out

 


What I'm Creating:

I finished the shawlette for the fundraiser!  I'm also almost done with my daughter's blanket; I just need to weave in all the ends and then it's done.  I also started crocheting a giant whale amigurumi to add to the fundraiser auction.  I finished the top last night so now I just need to crochet the bottom, sew them together and stuff him.  It's working up pretty fast so I should be able to finish in time. 
 
Here are a couple pictures of the shawlette.  I didn't like how the tassels looked so I added a couple wooden buttons instead.  Now it works as a shrug, scarf or shawlette draped over the shoulders.  
 



 

                                                     

From the Camera:

I didn't take many pictures this week.

Highlight from Last week:

Last week was our monthly ladies meeting at church.  We're continuing to study through the Lord's Prayer.  This month we discussed the idea of daily bread.  We also had a meal of soup and bread together.  It's always a great time to connect and learn with these ladies.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

No photo description available.



On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom in parenting.

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

Wisdom for how to deal with a difficult person.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you could meet a friend for coffee! The shawlette came out nice. I didn't really like the look of the tassels either. Still thinking I might like to make one for chilly mornings.

    We had Zuppa Toscana this week too. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had fun with your friend. Shawlett is very nice but I want to see a picture of the whale! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pictures of the whale will be coming. I had so much fun making him.

      Delete