Monday, February 12, 2024

Happy Homemaker 2/12/24

Good Monday Morning!  It's sunny here!! I hope you all are having a great Monday.  We have another busy week here (and a predicted snowstorm too!) so I'm glad to have a few minutes to sit and blog. Once again, I'm happy to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.  

The Weather:

It's sunny!!! We had the first good weather weekend in awhile; which was wonderful.  We were able to get some outside tasks started. 

Outside my Window:

The sun is shining.  It's hazy but the sun is getting through.

Right Now I am:

Taking a minute to sit and blog while laundry finishes and the bread finishes it's first rise.  


Thinking and Pondering: 

How I so need God's wisdom each day.    
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
I listened to a couple of David Platt podcasts last week.  They are always both challenging & encouraging and filled with Scriptures.   

On my T.V this week:

No idea. Maybe catch up on some YouTube channels I follow. 

On the Dinner Plate:

I'm not sure yet.  We had a few people over for the Super Bowl last night but didn't end up cooking all I had bought since we had SO much food.  So, maybe dumplings & fried rice?

On the Menu this week:

Ham Dinner 
Pea Soup (one of the kids requested this so that's why I'm making the ham)
Whatever else I throw together with what's in the freezer & pantry.  Oh, I am planning to make a nice steak tip dinner to celebrate Valentine's but it'll be on Friday since we have church activities on Wednesday evenings.
 
What I'm Reading:
Bible
Rogue Protocol (Book 3 of the Murderbot Diaries) -these are short (~150pgs each) books and just a fun scifi read.
Be Confident: Live by Faith Not by Sight by Warren Weirsbe


On my To-Do list today:

Workout
Laundry
Make Bread
Clean up random things around the house

 
 

Plans for this week:

Make Bread

PTO Meeting

Drop off Sewing Machine for Maintenance and Repair

Keep up with housework

Finish weaving in ends on daughter's blanket

Get older kids packed and off to camp

The Gathering Table

Help Setup for K-4 Someone Special Dance (PTO Task)

Write 2 notes & send out

 


What I'm Creating:

 I'm also almost done with my daughter's blanket; I just need to weave in all the ends and then it's done.  I've been tempted to post a picture since the front looks done but I'm using that as incentive to get those ends woven in!  Hopefully this week. 


From the Camera:

I don't really have any.

Highlight from Last week:

Some very sweet time with God in prayer and study.  Also spending some time with the Women's Ministry team praying and planning for this year.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:
 
 Over the past week I've been focused a lot on the subject of prayer.  How Jesus is faithful to hear and answer our prayers, how we can have confidence that how He answers is always best, the privilege of prayer, and also how we are to be persistent in prayer.  This morning's Bible reading was from Matthew chapter 26 and the verse below caught my attention. 

So often I can feel that taking something to God in prayer over and over shows a lack of trust; and yes, sometimes it probably does.  But, we see here that Jesus, fully trusting His Father, still went back, praying the same prayer.  It was an encouragement that when things are hard, God knows that trials weigh heavy on us and that we need to keep running to Him.  For strength, reassurance and the comfort that comes from being in His presence.  While nothing we face will be on the same level as Jesus going to the cross; the example He leaves for us is still true.  Our Father loves us, and wants us to always bring our concerns, praise and desires to Him over and over.

https://images.biblewordings.com/wp-content/uploads/Matthew-26-44.jpg



On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom in parenting.

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

Wisdom for how to deal with a difficult person

3 comments:

  1. Thinking about prayer and how Jesus prayed three times here in that passage from Matthew. It instantly reminded me of how Paul prayed three times for his thorn in the flesh to be removed.

    Loved reading your post this week. Hoping to take a few minutes to write one of my own. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe with the snowstorm and have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make bread. One of my favorite things to do. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete