Monday, February 19, 2024

Happy Homemaker 2/19/24

Another Sunny Monday here,  I hope you all are having a great Monday.  The kids are on winter break this week so it's a bit of a different week.  We are enjoying the relaxed mornings and time together.  I'm glad to have a few minutes to sit and blog. Once again, I'm happy to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.  

The Weather:

It's sunny!!! It is also a bit warmer than it has been the past few weeks.  It's starting to feel a bit like spring.

Outside my Window:

The sun is shining.  The chicadees are at the feeder.  We've had a surprising number of cardinals this year as well.  One day I looked out and counted eight cardinals in the magnolia tree next to the feeder. 

Right Now I am:

Taking a minute to sit and blog while I grab a late lunch.  


Thinking and Pondering: 

How I need to make some big changes in my thought patterns and pondering some practical steps to implement immediately.     
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
None this week.  

On my T.V this week:

No idea. Maybe catch up on some YouTube channels I follow. 

On the Dinner Plate:

Pesto chicken pull apart sliders with cucumbers and carrots on the side.

On the Menu this week:

Need to figure this one out. 
 
What I'm Reading:
Bible
Rogue Protocol (Book 3 of the Murderbot Diaries) -these are short (~150pgs each) books and just a fun scifi read.
Be Confident: Live by Faith Not by Sight by Warren Weirsbe


On my To-Do list today:

Workout
Laundry
Sand trim

 
 

Plans for this week:

Catch up on laundry
Passport appts for kids
Breakfast/brunch with a friend
Finish sanding and paint baseboards
Enjoy the extra time with the kids

 


What I'm Creating:

 I'm also almost done with my daughter's blanket; I just need to weave in all the ends and then it's done.  I've been tempted to post a picture since the front looks done but I'm using that as incentive to get those ends woven in!  Hopefully this week. (still not done!).  I did finally finish painting a hook board that I had put together about a year ago.  Now that it's done I have no idea what I will do with it. 


From the Camera:

So, my older kids grew up watching Looney Tunes.  I had bought a collection of (I think) 6 DVD's and they loved watching them.  Over time the DVD's became scratched and we had to get rid of them.  Since this happened before the youngest two were born they've never really seen Looney Tunes. My oldest kids joke that I've "neglected" my duties by not introducing the youngest ones to Looney Tunes.  So, this week I remedied that. Here is a picture of them enjoying a few of the cartoons.



Highlight from Last week:

A special time at The Gathering Table with other ladies from church.  Hubby also took the youngest to her school dance.  I had helped set up for the dance and was there when they arrived; she was so excited!

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

Today I want to share a "new to me" song that we recently sang at church





On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom in parenting.

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

Wisdom for how to deal with difficult things and to trust God with all!

7 comments:

  1. What kind of changes are you thinking about for your thought patterns? Cardinals are so lovely. don't see any around here. we do have blue jays though. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still fleshing this out. Mostly to recognize that the root of many harmful thought patterns is me not trusting God, or placing my trust in other things. 1 Peter 4:19 is a verse that I've been pondering; to truly "entrust my soul to a faithful Creator, while doing good." More of letting go of things that aren't mine to carry. Have a beautiful week.

      Delete
  2. Love that song! Weaving in the ends are the worst, but the end project is oh so worth it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a pair of cardinals the past few years. Never saw them on our property in the past.

    Those sliders sound delicious! We try to eat very few carbs, but I am always up for a new slider recipe to serve for guests.

    We're at TWNE caretaking this week so I won't be blogging as much as usual. It's a challenge to blog from a tablet! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the song, it's been a fave of mine for a while. I hate weaving in the ends so always try to weave them in as I crochet, but the current blanket I am working on calls for leaving all the ends just hanging....it's a nice change from the usual but I'm dreading the end hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always plan to weave them in as I go but then never end up doing it. LOL

      Delete