Monday, March 4, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 3/4/24

Happy March!   Well, March isn't very "liony" this year.  It's been rather warm so far.  This week is a bit different as our oldest daughter is home for spring break so I'm looking forward to extra time with her.  Jumping on really quick to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.  

The Weather:

It started out sunny but now is a bit cloudy.  Warmer temps today which are always welcome.

Outside my Window:

We have a lot of sparrows this morning!  Yesterday we saw the turkeys for the first time in awhile.  Mr. Tom Turkey now has four lady friends that keep him company.  It's always fun to see them wandering through the yard; and especially fun when they decide to take flight. 

Right Now I am:

Taking a minute to sit and blog before heading out with our daughter.    


Thinking and Pondering: 

So very thankful for how God works.  Also pondering a project that I feel God calling me to finish.  Praying for good time management to work on it and finish it.     
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
I've been listening to David Platt's podcast; Radical.  I so appreciate his teaching.  

On my T.V this week:

Not sure, probably some period pieces as my older girls love those (Pride & Prejudice is a favorite!)

On the Dinner Plate:

Chicken Tikka Masala with Naan bread 
 
On the Menu this week: 
 
Chicken Tikka Masala
Meatballs & Pasta
Chickpea, Cashew & Coconut Curry with rice & veg
Lentil Stew
Chicken with Whiskey Glaze & vegetables 
 
What I'm Reading:
Bible
Network Effect (Book 5 of the Murderbot Diaries) -This is the first full length book in the series.
Be Confident: Live by Faith Not by Sight by Warren Weirsbe


On my To-Do list today:

Workout
Laundry
Lunch with my parents.

 
 

Plans for this week:

Catch up on laundry

Sand and paint archway

Work on a crochet Kitty Pillow for our youngest.

Continue to research some things for a possible project

Spend time with oldest daughter

Read to youngest daughter's class for Read Across America


What I'm Creating:

I'm working on a stuffed kitty pillow for our youngest.  After I made the whale she's been begging me to make her a giant stuffy so last week we found a pattern and I'm using up some blanket yarn from my stash.  I'm simplifying the pattern a bit, as I didn't want to buy any yarn for this project, but so far she's thrilled.

From the Camera:

 I didn't really take any pictures last week.


Highlight from Last week:

Highlight was definitely our girl coming home for a visit.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

I saw these two posts on Instagram last week and saved them as good reminders. 






On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom in parenting.

Direction, time & diligence for a project.

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

Wisdom for how to deal with difficult things and to trust God with all!


3 comments:

  1. So fun that you get your college girl home for spring break!

    No happy homemaker post for me today ... busy packing to head out to TWNE after lunch. Steve is working on a project there with another volunteer and I'll be cooking for them and whatever staff may be around at mealtime. Challenging and stretching but a good time and we're thankful for the opportunity to serve in this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful week at TWNE. I think it's great that you are both able to serve there; what an encouragement to the camp staff.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see the kitty pillow. Whiskey Glaze ? miam! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete