Thursday, September 22, 2022

To every thing...

 ...there is a season. 

The theme of seasons is one that has been on my mind a lot over the past few months and has seemed to come up in conversations a lot recently.  I have often said that it is a topic that I feel is, many times, lacking in how we teach our children.  Life is full of seasons.

Several times when chatting with our older kids I've mentioned how that just because they are in a certain place does not mean that is where God will have them forever. We are to grow where we are planted for as long as God has us in that place.

-There will be times of joy, savor them.

-There will be times of storms, find comfort in the fact that we have an anchor in Jesus and He will bring us through the storm. 

-There will be times of unknowns, focus on the fact of what IS known today and the fact that we are held by the One who does know.

-There will be times of sorrow, while "weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5 and one day "He will wipe away every tear" Revelation 21:4

In August we celebrated my grandmother's 102 birthday; so many seasons in a life that long.  Her memory isn't the best these days but I treasure the many stories she shared with us about her growing up years and the changes she saw in the world.  Also, the skills that she taught me from baking bread to crocheting, some of which I am now passing on to my kids.

This month also marks the death of Queen Elizabeth II. I have been interested in English royalty and history for awhile now and have read much on the War of the Roses, King Richard III's life and reign and much regarding Queen Elizabeth II.  So much history and culture tied to her life; and now the closing of that season. 

There is a sense of bittersweet as we move through seasons; letting go of what was and learning to embrace what is to come.  On this, the first day of fall, I'm thankful for the seasons God has set in nature to remind us that while change can be uncomfortable there is beauty and growth in each and He has a perfect purpose for each season.

No comments:

Post a Comment