Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Oh my...how time flies!

 Looking at the date of my last post it's crazy to think it has been 2 months.  Life has and is busy.  I'm hoping to get a longer post up within the next day or two.  In the meantime I thought I'd share a couple of recent pictures.  The first is from a beach we had never gone to before; kiddo #2 is trying to get her driving hours in so I chose a spot and we headed there.  It was a gorgeous day with only a few people on the beach.  We had a great time sitting and just enjoying each other's company before heading home.  The second picture is from the top of a nearby mountain.  Earlier this summer I had found several hikes that would be good to do with all the kids, this was one of them.  Again, it was a beautiful day and the views were wonderful.  


And of course I need to end this with song.  Enjoy! 



In My Place

Gethsemane, you go to prayMy sin has left no other wayAnd there you weep, this cup is fullThus far has been undrinkableYou could have left my failure thereAnd left my sin for me to bearBut oh the strength, the braveryThe garden of Gethsemane
Jerusalem, still dark as nightWhen scribes and priests condemned the lightThe trial should have been for meAnd all my vile treacheryBut you were silent in the faceOf false accusers in my placeThey did not know it was for themThe darkness in Jerusalem
On Calvary's cross between two thievesYou still have not forsaken meBut to erase all my trespassThe perfect Savior breathes His lastThe God of life exchanges thisHis life for mine, my shame for HisEternal righteousness, the costOnly to look on Calvary's cross
A filthy grave, my Savior stillYour work is done, your Father's willBut there's a kingdom now to claimThe stone of death is rolled awayYou are alive and hold the keysOf death and Hell, your victoryYou are our God and you have savedYour people from a filthy grave

No comments:

Post a Comment