Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Sneak peek: Fall "blog plan"


While reading a devotional to our youngest girls the verse above was mentioned.  Go and tell...which got me wondering if I had ever shared my testimony here on my blog.  Looking back through old posts it doesn't seem like I have.  With that in the back of my mind; I headed off to a retreat this weekend.  It was a wonderful time of connecting with other women, marveling at the beauty of God's creation and learning more of Him.  

 

                                                                                          Kayaking at retreat as the sun rose over the mountains

One of the "themes", not the "official" theme mind you, that kept coming up in conversation was how so many women think they are the only ones who have faced certain difficulties, when in fact we have SO much in common. Recognizing our common experiences we can better support and pray for others in our circles.  Both sharing our own stories and supporting others as they walk their journeys are ways we can grow to be more Christ-like.  

We are told in...

- Psalm 46:8 "Come, behold the works of the Lord", 

- Psalm 66:5 "Come and see what God has done", 

- Psalm 40 is a testimony of what God has done, 

- Psalm 71 "My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day." and in 

- Ezekiel 22:30 God tells how He sought for someone to "stand in the breach" (the weak and exposed places), 

- Galatians 6:2 "Bear one another's burdens", 

- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up".

So, in the near future I will be sharing my testimony here on the blog and pray it will bring God glory and be an encouragement to you. 

The other thing that has been on my mind is how to best use my time for God.  While life is still very busy here, now that Maisie is in school,  I do have a bit of uninterrupted time each day.  One of the things that God has planted a passion for in my heart is to share the Bible with others.  I love diving deep into Scripture, I love putting together lessons and I love sharing the truth of God's Word with others.  So, with that in mind I'm planning to do a deep study this fall into my favorite Psalm using the James Method of Bible Study.  This method is also called verse-mapping and is one of my favorite ways to really dig deep into Scripture.  This method involves word study, verse cross referencing and a few other techniques.  I'm still working on the timing as I'm not sure I can commit to posting every day.  I would love to have this be interactive so feel free to pop on and share your thoughts or even just say a quick hi.  

This study in Psalm will start next week so comment below with any questions you have or pop on and say Hi when you see those posts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment