Wednesday, March 31, 2010

End of the month check-in

Well, I didn't get much crafting done this month. I did finish the baby's blanket and while I'm still not totally happy with it, it's done and functional. In the past week or so I've started getting things ready for this baby so a lot of my time has been taken up with washing clothes and bedding and making to-do lists.

This past weekend we set up the bunk beds in the girl's room and moved the crib to the boys room. I wasn't sure how long it would take for Keira to adjust to a "big girl" bed but she has done so well. Today was the first day that she didn't cry at all for nap or bed time and seems to really "get it" that this is her new spot. She loves to play on her bed during the day too.

I've also been having fun with the freezer/pantry challenge. It's been fun to see what I can come up with from the ingredients I have on hand. Tonight I did a pasta casserole with chicken and broccoli it was along the lines of an alfredo but using shredded yogurt cheese (which has no lactose so I can eat it) and replacing the milk with chicken broth. It was a huge hit so definitely a recipe that will go into my binder.

Now that my freezer is mostly cleaned out I'm going to start making some of the freezer meals. I'm not sure how many will fit but I figure I'll just make them until the freezer is full. I found this great site which has freezer meals for once-a-month cooking so I'm using her ideas.

I'm also still working my way thru "The Power of a Woman's Words" and am continuing to enjoy this study while also being challenged. So that's the summary for this month.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I just realized you only have about a month till your due date!! How exciting. :) Maybe you'll hit Josiah's or Julia's birthdays (Apr. 24 and 29). I hope you're doing well and not feeling too exhausted.

    We moved Josiah to his big boy bed in Feb. and he loves it! It took him a few nights to adjust, too, but now he does great. I love having him in a bed that he can get in and out of by himself. :) (I might not feel that way if he was constantly getting out, but he does well about staying put. :)) Glad to hear that Keira is adjusting well, too.

    I keep meaning to tell you I tried the banana choc. chip muffin recipe you linked to, and WOW are they good!! I've already made them twice. Thanks for sharing!!

    Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie - I'm glad you liked the muffin recipe.

    Keira has adjusted great, this is the second day with no crying and she's started running to her bed when it's time to nap/sleep just like she did with her crib.

    ReplyDelete