Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our words to the world

What are our words saying to those we see each day...to those that we are not aware are even watching or listening to us? I was reminded today (by my 6 year old) how that every word I say is heard whether I realize it or not. It is humbling (but also a good reminder for me) to have to explain that I say things I shouldn't and that I need to work on making sure my words are kind, just as I always tell my kids to make sure.

While I am certainly praying and striving to have every word be glorifying to God I certainly have a long way to go :) Here are a few quotes that I wanted to share:

"It takes more than washing our mouths out with soap to
be a woman of clean lips. It takes the power of the
Holy Spirit and the touch of God. Our part is to
cooperate with Him, submit our words to Him, fill
our lives with Him, and live our lives through Him."

"There are many people in the world who will form an opinion
about God according to what we say about Him and how we
live our lives. We are the first Bible that many people will
ever read. What will they think?"

"The Bible tells us that we are simply visitors here on earth
(1 Chronicles 29:15), and our words,...are also entries in the
Guest Book of Life. What entries am I writing with my
attitudes, actions, and words for all the world to see?"

"True joy will not be found on the grocery store shelf,
the car sales lot, or the department store window.
It cannot be bought with the swipe of a credit card or
cold hard cash. People want to feel they are a part of
something bigger than themselves and that there is
more to this life than accumulated wealth and
accomplishments. We have the power...in our words...
to tell the world about the way, the truth and the life.
We have the power...in our words...to help
change the world one person at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment