Monday, December 18, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 12/18/23

Another Monday!  This month is flying by, I can't believe that Christmas is only a week away!  Both our college kiddos are home and I *think* I'm done Christmas shopping.  Tomorrow is a baking day and I'm hoping to finally watch a few Christmas movies this week.    I'm thankful to be able to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.   

The Weather:

Rainy!  It has been warm here (about 60 degrees!) but sooo rainy today.

Outside my Window:

It's later in the day so the sun has set.  It's still raining outside.

Right Now I am:

Blogging listening to the kids chatting.


Thinking and Pondering: 

All the things to get done this week.  Tonight will be the start of wrapping gifts.
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
 Haven't listened to any this week.

On my T.V this week:

Not sure.  Maybe a Christmas movie.

On the Dinner Plate:

Broccoli, potato & cheddar soup. 

On the Menu this week:

Soup
Spinach Pie

What I'm Reading:

Bible
Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr


On my To-Do list today:

Laundry ✓
Errands ✓
Start wrapping gifts
 

Plans for this week:

Keep up with housework.
Wrap gifts
Make cookies
Awana & Youth Group Christmas parties
Prep & facilitate Gathering Table study (we're doing a study on the Lord's Prayer)
Continue decorating & preparing for Christmas

What I'm Creating:

I'm excited to share that I actually had time to craft this past week!  I'm done the graphic part of my daughter's blanket (she chose the graphic); so now I just need to finish the background to make it the length of a blanket and then add a border.

  I also was excited to repurpose some greenery.  This swag used to have lights in it but when we plugged them in this year they were dead.  The pinecones were also falling out.  I went to the craft store but didn't find a good replacement; however, I did find this lovely bow.  So, I came home, removed the lights, hot glued the pinecones back on and added the bow.  I love how it came out.




                                                               

From the Camera:

A picture from the middle school concert.  We were able to see our girl walk in but unfortunately she was in the back on the other side of the stage.  All the kids did a great job!

 
It is great to have our older two home.  Our oldest and youngest have always had a very special bond.  She is very happy to have him home for a few week.
 
 

Highlight from Last week:

So many highlights; from watching our girl perform her first concert playing the trombone, to our oldest two coming home for Christmas, to helping with a School Festival and book fair.  It was a full, fun week.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

I recently saw a video of Times Square where Silent night was broadcast and the true story of Christmas was shared.  Many people, who said they were believers, were complaining about who sponsored the event.  As I watched the video I was reminded of Paul's words in Philippians.  

Preaching Christ. Philippians 1: But I want you to know, brethren, that the  things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance. -  ppt download 

Here is the video:


 

I probably will not post on a Monday until after the New Year so I'd like to wish you all a 

Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Safe travels over the next several weeks as many family & friends are traveling.

Wisdom in parenting

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

2 comments:

  1. You have the house full! Enjoy your family time and Have a Merry Christmas. Love the blanket

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week! How well I remember the joy of having college kids come home for Christmas break! I love how the repurposed swag came out.

    ReplyDelete