Monday, December 11, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 12/11/23

Happy Monday!  Getting a slow start this morning but  I'm thankful to be able to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.   

The Weather:

Cold & cloudy.  Hoping for some sun later this afternoon; but definitely makes it hard to get moving with such a cloudy morning.

Outside my Window:

Cloudy and still wet from the rain yesterday.  Almost all the leaves are off the trees now so looking a bit bare out there.

Right Now I am:

Blogging and contemplating what to do next.


Thinking and Pondering: 

What I need to get done today.  How much Christmas decorating I want to do; we got our Christmas tree yesterday and will be decorating that this evening.  Figuring out how many bins of decorations to bring down from the attic.
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
 Haven't listened to any this week.

On my T.V this week:

Not sure.  Maybe a Christmas movie.

On the Dinner Plate:

Chili is in the crockpot. 

On the Menu this week:

I went grocery shopping but need to figure out an actual menu for this week.  We have some busy evenings so probably will have a few crockpot meals.

What I'm Reading:

Bible
Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr


On my To-Do list today:

Finish Laundry 
Clean Bathrooms ✓
Pay some bills
Decorate Christmas Tree

Plans for this week:

Keep up with housework.
School Band Concert
Help with School Festival
Pick up two oldest from airport (two different days)
Continue decorating & preparing for Christmas

What I'm Creating:

I'm still slowly working on my daughter's blanket but haven't had much time for crafting lately. 

                                                               

From the Camera:

In January we tragically lost our cat Bennett; we have taken most of the year to let the kids grieve and have a break from having a pet.  However, over the past month or so we've decided that it was time to start looking for another cat.  We were specifically looking for a longhair cat, preferably male.  This little guy popped up on our local SPCA website; we went in the next day and brought him home.  He's adjusting well and the kids are thrilled to have another cat to love on.  As you can see the noise of the house doesn't bother him at all and he likes being around all of us. 



 

 
 

Highlight from Last week:

Getting a new cat was definitely a highlight.  The kids love having him here.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3f/4a/dd/3f4add1d711d89dbe7ca29d971ed6468.jpg 

Loving people can be hard! I recently chatted with a friend who shared how that they had been very hurt by a church they were atttending.  It's hard to keep loving other believers, those who should "know better" when we have been so deeply hurt.  As I read these verses today I was reminded how that our focus, and where we place our hope, is foundational to being able to keep loving others even when we are hurt.  We have a heavenly hope, a treasure stored up for us in heaven, a Gospel Truth that can never be changed.  We must keep our focus on these things, keep our faith in God only, and keep loving as He loves. 

On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Safe travels over the next several weeks as many family & friends are traveling.

Wisdom in parenting

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week! Have fun decorating your tree and welcoming your college kids home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things you mentioned that are on my list to start doing more of next year - listening to Podcasts and using my crockpot! I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I have an elderly cat with diabetes (and 2 others) and it kills me to see him sick. I'm so glad you were able to find such a sweet little guy to bring into your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the loss of your cat. The new cat looks settled in and seems to be enjoying that concert. Hope you have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So late in visiting - have a wonderful week. Love the cat!

    ReplyDelete