Monday, October 30, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 10/30/23

Well, wasn't sure I'd be getting this blog post up today but I do have a few minutes so here it is. I woke up in the night with a migraine (hasn't happened in a very long time).  I'm thankful that I was able to rest after the kids were off to school and am feeling better now; still not 100% but much better.  Happy to again be joining in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.   

The Weather:

Very wet and rainy today.  The weather has been a bit crazy here with temps in the 80's on Saturday and in the 40's today.  Supposed to stay cool and wet for the rest of the week.  

Outside my Window:

 Wet, wet, wet.  Although the fire bushes in our yard have turned so they are bright red, which is pretty against the wet green. 

 Right Now I am:

Blogging.


Thinking and Pondering: 

What to do for dinners the rest of the week.  Thankful for God's promise to provide the wisdom we need each day and the importance of keeping our focus on one day at a time.
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
 
Haven't listened to any this week.

On my T.V this week:

Not sure.


On the Dinner Plate:

Chicken and Green bean stir fry with rice.

On the Menu this week:

Not sure yet; I didn't make the Swedish Meatballs w/egg noodles and veggies last week so that will be one meal.

What I'm Reading:

Bible
A Slave No More (getting back to this one)
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by JoAnna Weaver


On my To-Do list today:

Finish Laundry 
List some dresses on Ebay ✓
Pay some bills


Plans for this week:

Keep up with housework.
Spend some time with friends.


What I'm Creating:

I want to finish up a hook board that I started some time ago. I'm hoping to hang it in the kitchen for aprons (still haven't done this). I started the graphgan for my daughter but haven't had much time to work on it. Still these; I'm thinking I need to give myself "permission" to actually schedule time for working on these.  (Yes, same as last week. Although we did start another project that is almost done)

From the Camera:

I didn't really take any pictures in the last week.  There were a couple times that I specifically chose to just be in the moment and not take pictures. 
 



Highlight from Last week:

Celebrated a family birthday by taking a day trip to a favorite bike path.  The kids rode bikes while the adults walked. It was a beautiful day of fresh air, 80 degree temps, picnic, playground and laughs.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

I thought it would be nice to share a song this week, so here is one of my favorites:







On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom for parenting.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's so nice to just be in the moment and not worry about pictures. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your migraine is better. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete