Monday, October 23, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 10/23/23

Two weeks in a row! Happy to again be joining in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.   

The Weather:

Sunny today!  A bit chilly but that's expected for it being almost November.  The rest of the week is supposed to be in the 70's which is unseasonably warm here.  

Outside my Window:

The leaves have really started changing this last week so it's very colorful outside. Earlier we had a blue jay land on the outside of one of our windows, so that was a fun way to start the morning.

Right Now I am:

Blogging, relaxing a bit before tackling the rest of the housework.


Thinking and Pondering: 

Whether or not it's too late to decorate for fall.  It's been so busy and time has gone by so fast that the only decorating I've done is adding a fall/apple placemat to the table with a fall candle; and filled a bowl with some fall decorations from Target.  Also, really praying for wisdom this week to use my time wisely.  

I often blog something and then second guess it because I'm not an expert in really anything but I do like to share what I'm learning because so much of life is a process. I may look back someday and cringe at things but that's also an encouragement because I can see the growth. This is often how I feel about marriage; God has taught me so many things (that I often still forget 😌) and I know I still have a long way to go.  I'm thankful that I had time last week to blog about some of these things in the post on Seasons of Marriage

 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
 
I listened to one by Tony Evans this morning on Moving Mountains and the importance of examining our hearts before God for any sin that might be causing other issues/symptoms (physical, mental, emotional) in our lives. 

On my T.V this week:

Not sure.


On the Dinner Plate:

Sweet Potato, Bacon Chowder - seems like Mondays are for sweet potato soups since I made one last Monday as well.  I chose this for tonight since it's the coolest day this week and I have a very busy afternoon.

On the Menu this week:

Jerusalem-Style Mixed Grill w/mango on the side
Ground Beef & Vegetable Stew
Swedish Meatballs w/egg noodles and veggies

What I'm Reading:

Bible
A Slave No More (getting back to this one)
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by JoAnna Weaver


On my To-Do list today:

Finish Laundry 
Help at school this afternoon for PTO
Pick up kid after they're done with an afterschool Club
Pick up from weekend ✓
Make needed phone calls ✓


Plans for this week:

Keep up with housework.
Work on blanket
Help with PTO things
Work on project with my husband


What I'm Creating:

I want to finish up a hook board that I started some time ago. I'm hoping to hang it in the kitchen for aprons (still haven't done this). I started the graphgan for my daughter but haven't had much time to work on it. Still these; I'm thinking I need to give myself "permission" to actually schedule time for working on these. 

From the Camera:

We have a family birthday coming up so last week we took a special trip into the city to spend the day celebrating them.  This picture shows a bit of the color there.  As usual the picture doesn't do it full justice.
 




Highlight from Last week:

Taking a special family member to the city for the day.  They had a short list of things that they wanted to do and we were able to do everything and still make it home before the kids got home.  It was a whirlwind trip but still so fun!

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

I've mentioned before that I'm reading through the Bible with a group of people using a plan on YouVersion.  One day last week our reading took us to the account of the transfiguration (Found in Matthew 17, Mark 9 & Luke 9).  Despite reading this account many times it struck me a little funny this time.  Here's what I wrote:

"I love that Jesus chose Peter because it's so easy to relate to him.  During the transfiguration I noticed; for the first time, how that Peter just starts talking and trying to come up with something to do when he's afraid.  One of the passages says he didn't even know what he was saying.  They are literally having a mountaintop moment with Jesus and Peter's just talking and planning!  God breaks into this event and says "This is my Son.  Listen to Him!"  There's a time to serve and a time to speak but there are also times when we just need to listen!"



On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom for parenting.

4 comments:

  1. Definitely not too late to decorate for fall! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Landry is always with us. But your sweet potato soup my make it better. Enjoy your fall leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have slowly- VERY slowly decorated for fall. I don't know why its taken me so long! I usually enjoy it but lately I've just not had much energy! Hopefully we can both get some done this week! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet potato soup, yum! not too late to decorate for Fall. it is so nice to make it all look cosy. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete