Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My dollar store finds.

Today I took a trip to the Dollar Tree down the street.  I'm always amazed at the things they carry there.  I had seen that they carry party goods so I decided to look for the supplies for my daughter's birthday party (she has decided she wants a pink birthday).  

I was able to get pink cups, plates, plastic ware, tablecover and napkins.  I also found some adorable invitations.  She also requested a castle cake.  I had been pricing the Disney princess cake figurines online and the cheapest I had seen was $10 for a set of 4.  The Dollar Store had 3 of the figurines for a dollar each (since she's going to be 3yrs old I figured this would work perfect).  The store also has chips, pretzels, pickles and other foods which will work perfect for the cookout we're planning to have (didn't pick these up today).  

I was so pleased to find all the supplies for so much less than I would have paid at the party store or even Target.  I often don't think of going to the dollar store but I'm definitely going to try to be better about checking here (they also had organic green tea bags & 100% Apple juice).  I'm always pleased when I find deals like this. 


1 comment:

  1. I love Dollar Tree. It is the best dollar store around in my opinion. I have found great deals on foods there from time to time -- like chopped green chilies, for one.

    ReplyDelete