Friday, November 25, 2022

Psalm 73 Verse Mapping Study (verses 23-24)

"Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. 
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory."
Psalm 73:23-24

 

DESIGN:

"Nevertheless, I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand.  You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to honor and glory." (AMP)

DEVELOPMENT:

Verse 23: 

achaz = to grasp, take hold, take possession (here = taking hold graciously)

Verse 24:

 etsah = counsel, advice

nachah = to lead, guide (here = of guiding, treating kindly (the helpless), especially in the path of blessing)

kabod = abundance, honor, glory


FIND:

Isaiah 41:13 - "For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you."

Psalm 16:8 - "I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken."

Psalm 32:8 - "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you."

James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him."

MANKIND:

As believers, we are never alone! God is always with us.

GOD:

God is always with us.

God guides us.

God gives counsel.

God holds our hand.

God will receive us to glory.

ASK/APPLICATION:

The word "nevertheless" looks back at the previous verses.  We can be foolish, ignorant and brutish in our human thinking but God is always with us.  We always have access to His wisdom and guidance; we only have to ask.  God has promised His presence every moment of our time here on earth.  After this life He will be there still, to welcome and receive us into the abundance and glory of heaven, eternally being with Him.  The fact that God never leaves even when we are stupid and ignorant is such a comfort.  The truth of 2 Timothy 2:13 "if we are faithless, he remains faithful" is a promise that should lead us to repentance for the times we don't seek His wisdom and trust in our own understanding; but also to comfort that He is there ready and willing to forgive and instruct. 

PRAYER:
 
Dear Father, I praise You and thank You for the promises of Your presence, guidance, comfort and gift of eternal life. Oh LORD, may I be quick to repent and turn to You when I rely on my own understanding and may I rest in the comfort of Your continual, everlasting presence. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment