Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Psalm 73 Verse Mapping Study (Verses 21-22)

"When my soul was embittered, when I was pricked in heart, 
I was brutish and ignorant; I was like a beast toward you."
Psalm 73:21-22
 

DESIGN:

"When my heart was embittered and I was pierced within [as with the fang of an adder], Then I was senseless and ignorant; I was like a beast before you." (AMP)

"Thus my heart was grieved, And I was pricked in my reins.  So foolish was I , and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee." (KJV)

DEVELOPMENT:

Verse 21:

chamets = to be sour or leavened

Verse 22:

baar = brutishness, senseless, stupid

lo = not (in this verse translated as ignorant)

FIND:

Psalm 73:3 - "For I was envious of the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked."

Psalm 37:7 - "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!"

Ecclesiastes 3:18 - "I said in my heart with regard to the children of man that God is testing them that they may see that they themselves are but beasts."

Psalm 92:6 - "The stupid man cannot know; the fool cannot understand this:"

MANKIND:

Man cannot understand the mind of God. We re like cattle, senseless and brutish when we try to figure things out in our own understanding.

GOD:

God gives new perspective and clarity. God is the only one with the wisdom and knowledge we need.

ASK/APPLICATION:

When we come into God's presence we realize how foolish we have been to become bitter and upset by the ways of the wicked.  It is foolishness to think that we can have knowledge, wisdom and understanding apart from God. We always need His perspective.

PRAYER:

Dear Father, You are so patient with me.  Thank you for understanding my weaknesses and for bearing with me and loving me.  For remembering that I am "but dust".  God I praise you for Your understanding and wisdom.  I thank You that You don't leave me in my ignorance but lovingly reveal Your Truth. God may I continually turn to You for the wisdom I need.  Correct my wrong thinking and ways and lead me in Your ways.  With love for You and others.  With and understanding that my thoughts and vision are so limited. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment