Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Psalm 73 Verse Mapping Study (verses 16 - 17)

 

"But when I thought how to understand this, it seemed to me a wearisome task,
until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I discerned their end." 
Psalm 73:16-17

DESIGN:

"When I considered how to  understand this, It was too great an effort for me and too painful Until I came into the sanctuary of God; Then I understood [for I considered] their end." (AMP)

"When I pondered to understand this, It was troublesome in my sight Until I came into the sanctuary of God; Then I perceived their end." (NASB)

DEVELOPMENT:

Verse 16:
chashab = to think, account, (think to do, devise, plan) consider, compute
amal = trouble, labor, toil, painful, misery, grievance

Verse 17:
bin = to discern (observe, mark, distinguish, consider with attention)
acharith = the after-part, end (here meaning = final lot, latter part or actual close)

FIND:

Ecclesiastes 8:17 - "then I saw all the work of God, that man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun.  However much man may toil in seeking, he will not find it out.  Even though a wise man claims to know, he cannot find it out."

Psalm 119:130 - "The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple."

Psalm 27:4 - "One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple."

MANKIND:

Man's understanding is very limited.

GOD:

God is the Only One with ultimate understanding.

ASK/APPLICATION:

There is so much in life that we don't understand.  We often wear ourselves out trying to figure it all out.  We must take our questions & frustrations to God.  It is only in God's presence that our perspective and focus can be corrected.  Understanding can only come from God because only God has perfect knowledge, understanding and wisdom. 

PRAYER:

Dear LORD, Thank you for your patience with me when I try to figure it all out on my own.  Forgive me when I doubt Your ways.  God I praise you for your perfect knowledge. Please help me to continually come into Your presence to keep my focus and perspective right.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment