Sunday, January 24, 2010

Some Sunday Scriptures :)

Catchy title, huh? :)

This weeks chapter in "The Power of a Woman's Words" focused a lot on encouraging vs. discouraging and how our reactions to situations can profoundly affect those around us. At the end of the chapter she talks about how God encourages us thru His Word. I thought I would share some Scriptures that have been encouraging to me thru many phases of my life:

Joshua 1:9 - "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest"

2 Corinthians 12:9 - "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness"

Isaiah 41:13 - "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, fear not, I will help thee"

Psalm 62:7-8 - "In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us."

John 14:18 - "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you"

These are just a few. How about you? What are some the verses you turn to for encouragement?

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog. You have some really great scriptures to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying the Scriptures :) They're always an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete