Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year and some New Goals

Wow, it's hard to believe that 2009 is over already. The past year went by so fast! Looking back it is nice to see how God has worked in my life and my family's lives. I'm very thankful for all that He has blessed us with and all that He has taught me.

I'm not usually one to set New Year Resolutions/Goals because honestly I don't ever think I'll keep them so I figure why bother setting them. However, this year is different. There are two things that I really have as goals for this year.

1) To be more consistent in my Bible Study/Quiet Time. As part of this I am planning to post here once a week to share something that God has shown me during the week. If you notice that I haven't posted PLEASE say something. I could really use the accountability.

2) To complete 1-2 (depending on size of project) craft projects per month. This is so that I can get some Christmas gifts made. I always seem to think of making gifts when it gets to be around October; by then I don't have the time to complete them so I end up just buying gifts. With 14 (16 by this Christmas) nieces and nephews to buy for that can get quite expensive, plus I really want to be able to personalize the gifts we give. I am planning to post at the end of each month what projects I have completed and the ideas for the next month.

This month my crafting goal is to finish the sweater I'm crocheting for our new baby boy and to make the hooded scarf that Hailey asked me to make (I made one for her cousin for Christmas and now she really wants one too! ).

I know that two goals isn't much but I really want to be able to focus on these for this year. Feel free to post your goals/resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment