Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A quick update.

I had mentioned in a previous post that I did not want to buy a contoured changing pad because they were so expensive ($22). A few weeks back I went yard-saling with my neighbor and found a contoured changing pad in perfect condition for $1 !! I was so excited, at the same yard sale I found 3 adorable dresses for Hailey for 0.50 each.

Another "deal" I was able to get was on the infant car seat. The car seat we used for the other two kids is going to expire and the plastic is showing some wear so to be safe we wanted to replace it. The one I wanted (it has the highest safety ratings) was $130. I received a notice from Babies-R-Us that if I set up a registry I could get a $10 gift card. I decided to register, even though this is our 3rd, so that I could get the gift card. In a separate mailing from Babies-R-Us I received a coupon for $20 off any car seat. So using those two combined I was able to get the car seat for only $100. I know this may still sound expensive but it's actually quite reasonable for an infant seat, plus we are not willing to compromise on the safety of the seats we buy for our kids.

It's been a blessing to find so many useful things for so little money. I 've really been trying to use coupons more and look around for deals and it has been exciting to see how God has provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment