Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Vacations...so far :)

One of the reasons I've been so bad at getting blogs written is because of the busyness of our summer. As I mentioned in a previous post we took a "mini-vacation" the last weekend in June. We went to Whitefield, NH with Matt's company (each year they give trips to the employees). It was nice to have a long weekend to relax and spend as a family. I thought I'd share a couple pictures that I took that weekend.

One of the things we tried to do was to take the kids on the Hobo Railroad in Lincoln. Unfortunately, as we were pulling out of the station the train broke down. The kids still had a great time playing on the "trains" in the playground there and after they played we took them on the Tram up Canon Mountain.

At the playground:

On top of Canon Mtn. with daddy.
Also, as previously mentioned we took a trip to VA to spend some time at my sister-in-law's house. We drove at night so the kids could sleep; this worked really well for the kids but I have to admit it was rough for me, not sure if it's because I'm pregnant or just getting old :) because we have done overnight driving many times before.

We had a wonderful visit with both my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. The kids had a great time playing in the pool that Auntie Manda bought for them. We also took them to the Life Sciences Museum in Durham, NC (again, thanks to the family membership we were given, this was free). The museum was nice because it had both indoor and outdoor exhibits. Here are a few pictures from our time in VA.

Being VERY silly in front of the sand sculpture:


Playing in the pool:

Another silly one..yes that's the bag for a camping chair that she's standing in:

At the museum, in a space "pod":
The ant farm was really cool:
In the butterfly house:

So as you can see we've been making many great memories. We still have one more trip before our summer vacations end. We are headed to AZ with my parents. We leave this Saturday for a week. We will be seeing the Grand Canyon and other sights there so I will try to upload pictures soon after we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment