Monday, March 25, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 3/25/24

Another Monday already.  Time marches on.  I'm having a slower start to the day today.  I did get the kitchen straightened up and kids off to school.  I rarely climb back into bed but this morning I decided to bring my coffee and laptop upstairs and warm back up a bit in bed.  It's chilly out there!  

Last week was another busy one so it's nice to have a slower start to this week.  The kids have Friday off from school for Good Friday so it will be a shorter week for them; which is always nice. We do have a few things going on this week, and of course I need to figure out a plan for Easter dinner but for now I'm taking a few minutes to blog.  Jumping on really quick to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.  

The Weather:

It's cold!  The sun is trying to peek through the clouds but we're supposed to have mostly cloudy weather today and then cold & rainy weather the rest of the week.

Outside my Window:

There's still a bit of snow on the grass, skies are a bit cloudy. 

Right Now I am:

Taking a minute to sit and blog before getting started with my day.    


Thinking and Pondering: 

All that I need to do this week.  What to make for Easter dinner.     
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
I've been listening to David Platt's podcast; Radical.  I so appreciate his teaching.   I've also listened to some more American History Tellers recently.

On my T.V this week:

Catching up on Blown Away, a glass-blowing competition show on Netflix.  It's amazing what they can do with glass.

On the Dinner Plate:

Either Chicken & Barley Pulao  OR Israeli Couscous salad with chicken 
 
On the Menu this week: 
 

I need to do a full menu plan.

The two recipes mentioned above are leftover from last week.
 
What I'm Reading:
Bible
Network Effect (Book 5 of the Murderbot Diaries) -This is the first full length book in the series.
Be Confident: Live by Faith Not by Sight by Warren Weirsbe


On my To-Do list today:

Workout
Laundry (catch up on folding)
Blog
Take A to find a white shirt for her concert
Weekend cleanup/straighten house

 

Plans for this week:

Catch up on laundry

Finish a crochet Easter dress for our youngest.

Continue to research some things for a possible project

Attend Band Jamboree (all bands from the 5 schools in the district play at this concert)

Figure out Easter Dinner plans

Attend Good Friday Service

Help prep for the Easter brunch at church

Hopefully meet with school principal about a project I proposed to him.


What I'm Creating:

Our youngest requested a crocheted Easter dress.  I made her one a few years ago and it got a lot of wear (for awhile it was the only thing she would wear to church).  She has outgrown that one so she wanted a new one this year.  Most of my "relaxing" time has been spent on that and thankfully it looks like I'll get it done in time.  
 
I'm using up yarn that I already had which is a pastel multi-colored yarn.  This yarn worked up in a stripe pattern, which is cute but now that I'm adding the sleeves it's much more time consuming as I'm trying to somewhat match up with the dress stripes.  I love the pattern but if I made another one I would definitely use a solid color yarn.  I'll be sure to post pictures when it is done. 
 
I'm almost done this!  I just need to finish weaving in the ends and adding the butterfly appliques.  A side-effect of matching the stripes was many more ends to weave in.  Don't be like me, use a solid colored yarn, it will go much faster and there will be hardly any ends to weave in. 😀

From the Camera:

 I didn't take any pictures last week. 



Highlight from Last week:

Helping with the band kids. 

Having brunch with my sister.

Attending the monthly women's group at church.  

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:
 


On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom in parenting.

Direction, time & diligence for a project.

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

Wisdom for how to deal with difficult things and to trust God with all!


1 comment:

  1. Blown glass is so beautiful. Have a wonderful week and Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete