Friday, March 17, 2023

Kid's Bible Study Recommendation: LithosKids

 Over the years I have used several different Bible Study books with our kids.  Some were specific for girls or boys others were not.  I've mentioned before that I love the Jesus Storybook Bible; the way that it ties the Bible together and shows how it ALL points to Jesus is wonderful and the illustrations are lovely. It is still one of my favorites.

This past Christmas our youngest two were gifted a book titled Little Pilgrim's Big Journey Part II it is the sequel to Little Pilgrim's Big Journey which is based on  John Bunyan's original book Pilgrim's Progress.  The book is well made, beautifully illustrated and as we read through the book I loved the setup.  At the end of each chapter there is a page that explains the analogy, gives corresponding Scriptures and asks some questions.  The stories and questions were engaging for both our 5yr old and 9yr old.  As we finished the book we were all a bit sad as we had really enjoyed it.

Little Pilgrim's Big Journey Part II

 

I did some research and found out that LithosKids was just releasing a Bible Study called The Kingdom of God; the format is very similar to the other book.  This study is split into two books; one for the Old Testament and one for the New Testament.  I ordered the set and we have started reading through them. The accounts are taken directly from Scripture and each chapter has a review page showing God's presence and promises in each account. There are still questions at the end of each chapter as well to review the Biblical account.

 

The Kingdom of God - Box Set

 This picture is a little confusing.  There are only two books
the greenish item on the left is the box they come in.

These are not inexpensive books but the quality of both how they are made and the lessons in them are definitely something I could see being used over and over again and even being passed down to future generations. If you have kiddos these books are a great resource; you can find these on the Lithos Kids website

 

**this is not a paid endorsement and I have no affiliation with Lithos Kids I simply love their books and sharing with others great resources I find. 

2 comments:

  1. These look like wonderful books. I appreciate your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to eventually get the first Little Pilgrim's Journey so they will have all the books.

    ReplyDelete