Friday, March 10, 2023

A few March/Spring goals

 It's been a busy few weeks around here.  We were able to get away for a much needed vacation over February break.  With kids moving out of High School and into adulthood it's hard to say how many more vacations we'll be able to do with all of us so this was a really special time away.  As part of that trip we were able to visit a college our oldest daughter is interested in attending.  We were impressed with the college and are now just praying and trying to figure out finances. 

A couple days after we came back I was able to participate in the Read Across America event at the Grammar School.  Read Across America is an annual event to encourage reading and takes place on or around Dr. Seuss's birthday.  It was a fun time and especially fun to surprise one of our daughters as I was able to read for her class.  I read the book Daisy Head Mayzie by Dr. Seuss. 

Daisy Head Mayzie.jpg

So, now that I'm back to my normal (although every week still seems to be different) routine I wanted to set some goals.  I was originally going to say these were March goals but really they are spring goals.  I'm writing these down for my own accountability. 

- Keep up with cleaning routines.

- Go through toys and games and separate into donate or resale piles.

- Research online resale sites or plan for a yard sale once the weather is good.

- Follow Monday through Friday exercise routine.

- Go through my own clothes

- Finish crocheting squares for tunic.

- Start one of the devotionals I have next to my bed: 

 Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life  Or           Cover of When Faith Is Forbidden

 So, those are my goals.  

Do you have any recommendations for online resale sites?  Mostly for local sale of toys, household items and possibly a few clothes?

Want to help me decide which devotional to do next?  Which one would you choose?


1 comment:

  1. Great goals, Elisha!! I think either devotional would be good, but I think When Faith is Forbidden could be especially timely right now.

    ReplyDelete