Monday, March 27, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

For awhile I've been thinking about joining in the Happy Homemaker Monday posts done by Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom   With so much emphasis on what we do outside our homes it's always nice to see how others are managing the inside stuff of home and family.  I'm not sure I'll do this every week but thought it would be fun since I have a minute.

 

The Weather:::

 Since it is now officially spring it's nice to see some warmer weather in the forecast this week.  I much prefer the warmer weather so seeing that the weather is supposed to be in the 50's most of the week is encouraging.



As I look outside my window:::
After a few dreary days the sun is shining this morning and the skies are blue!

Right now I am:::
Just finishing breakfast and enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee.           


Thinking and pondering:::
Between yesterday's sermon, last night's devotional that I do with the little girls, and a study I'm currently doing on Jude; the theme seems to be prayer!  So thinking of ways to incorporate intentional prayer.  Also, contemplating a blog post for later in the week.       


On my bedside table:::
Water bottle, phone charger, notecards, multiple books.       


On my tv this week::: 
Don't really watch much TV but I've been enjoying some UK real estate & renovation programs on YouTube.  We also have a family TV night where we watch the latest episode of The Mandalorian 


Listening to:::
Nothing right now but I do have a few podcasts to catch up on.       


On the lunch plate:::
I eat a late breakfast so I don't usually have lunch, just a snack later in the afternoon.  
 

On the dinner plate::: 
Thinking grilled cheese sandwiches and a salad. 
 

On the menu for this week:::
I need to start working on the new meal plan, again.  Feels like these weeks are flying.
 

I don't usually assign meals to each day but on the menu so far are:

Chili & Cornbread
Grilled Cheese & Salad
Pea Soup
Baked chicken thighs with veggies
 
 
On my reading pile:::
A Girl Called Samson by Amy Harmon (great historical fiction read about Deborah Samson)
Bible 
Jude: Contending for the Faith by Jackie Hill Perry


On my to do list today:::
Kitchen - Make bread, dishes     
Laundry - Wash & Dry all laundry (possibly fold)
Crochet - trying to finish squares for tunic top I'm making/designing.
Weekend cleanup (random things that didn't get done)
Several phone calls


Plans for this week:::
Meal plan and grocery list
Sand & 3rd skim coat (if needed) in entryway.  
Prime & test paint colors in entryway (if skim coating gets done)
Car inspection
Hair appts for girls

What I am creating:::
Crochet tunic top
Re-doing the entryway (skim coat over textured walls, sand, prime, paint)



From the camera:::
I love the sunlight pouring in from this window:   




 
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::

 Philippians 4:6" Canvas Print for Sale by blossomchic | Redbubble
 
On my prayer list:::
Friends & Family
  

8 comments:

  1. I ought to consider joining in that Happy Homemaker Monday sometime. I used to do something similar and it was fun.

    The light pouring in that window is glorious.

    Still lots and lots of snow up here. We're surrounded by it. Still sugaring as the sap is running today. Looks like spring is a long way off, at least in our area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy reading them and finding some inspiration for meals, crafting, etc.
      We haven't had much snow at all this year so it's just been cold and brown. I'm thankful for warmer temps so we can enjoy being outside again. How fun to be able to access enough sap for maple sugaring. Growing up I always enjoyed time at a friend's sugar shack.

      Delete
  2. Always love the view of sunlight streaming in windows. I usually assign a day to each meal but move things around if we're in the mood for something else or things change (as they often do). Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped by. I hope your week is wonderful also.

      Delete
  3. Hi Elisha! Nice to meet you on here. I hope you'll pop in for HHM when you're able. Love your thoughts of intentional prayer. I do devotional time every morning and it centers me so well. I love that pic - the sunlight like that is a work of art. Blessings on your week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, spending time in God's Word is a great way to start the day. God is certainly the Master Artist. I'm not a morning person but the sunrise and early morning sunlight is definitely a beautiful gift.

      Delete
  4. Love the sunlight. Also glad to see another person who loves to make pea soup! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, love those "Old-fashioned" recipes like pea soup that can often be overlooked.

      Delete