Wednesday, July 19, 2023

It's done! - Crochet edition

 Many of my readers will remember me mentioning a crochet tunic top that I've been working on.  I finally finished the top; however, because I'm very short it fits more like a regular tunic than a top.  I do really like the fit.  The colors are not what I normally wear as I usually go for darker colors.  I actually bought this yarn to push me out of my "color comfort zone" so I'm still planning to wear it once the weather cools a bit.  

 I started using this free pattern but found that it wasn't working up well for me.  It seemed that there were some instructions missing so I sat down and rewrote it a bit.  Some things, as far as the edging and connecting the squares, I just made up as I went.  The keyhole neck was a last minute decision as the front was a bit lower that I wanted. 


In my last post I mentioned that this week is Vacation Bible School at our church; as I end I thought I'd share another praise/prayer from the teacher devotionals.  

King of glory, Divine Majesty,

every perfection adorns thy nature and sustains thy throne;

The heavens and earth are thine,

The world is thine and its fullness,

Thy power created the universe from nothing;

Thy wisdom has managed all its multiple concerns,

presiding over nations, families, individuals.

Thy goodness is boundless; 

all creatures wait on thee,

are satisfied in thee.

How precious are the thoughts of thy mercy and grace!

How excellent thy lovingkindness that draws men to thee!

We are weary, give us rest,

knowing that thou hast said,

'I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.'

Blessed be thy name!

-(Excerpt from "Fourth Day Evening: God All-Sufficient" from The Valley of Vision)



No comments:

Post a Comment