Monday, July 31, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 7/31/23

 Joining in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom


The Weather:

Today is gorgeous out, sunny and in the 70's.  The humidity has finally broken a bit; at least for a couple days. We had really bad smoke from the Canadian fires come through last night but thankfully it has cleared up this morning.

Outside my Window:

Sunny & green. 

Right Now I am:

Blogging, chatting with my youngest girlie. Waiting for coffee to finish brewing and bread dough to finish rising.


Thinking and Pondering:

Oh...so much; from what needs to be done in the next few weeks to how this week will go.


Podcasts I'm listening to this week:

Finally caught up on  Inside the Pastors' Study 

Also listening to Cultivate by Kelly Minter

My kids also enjoy Adventures of the Starkeepers from Elevation Church. 


On my T.V this week:

Nothing really.


On the Dinner Plate:

We had a pig roast at church yesterday so I will be using some of the leftovers to make something for dinner.


On the Menu this week:

Haven't really done a menu for this week but we will be having Tater Tot Shepherd's Pie one night since I didn't make that last week.


What I'm Reading:

Bible
Imprisoned with Isis by Petr Jasek - His memoir of being in a Sudanese prison for over a year.
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by JoAnna Weaver


On my To-Do list today:

Laundry
Target run
Bake Bread ( regular and plantain bread)

Plans for this week:

Keep up with housework.
Deep Clean the younger girl's room with them. 
Drop off two kids at a local amusement park for a Youth Group Event
Get a couple of the kids ready and headed on a camping trip with friends this weekend.
Continue helping kids with college prep

What I'm Creating:

Not a lot of time for crafting this past week.  I did work on a washcloth a bit that I'm making with some scrubby yarn.  

From the Camera:

We had promised our two older kids a night out in Boston to celebrate milestone birthdays.  We had bought tickets in 2019 for a comedy show that ended up not happening, first it was delayed and then cancelled altogether.  The other night we were finally able to take them out.  It was a fun evening for the four of us and a bit extra special since they will both be leaving in a couple weeks. 




Highlight from Last week:

The night out with our two oldest was definitely a highlight.  We also met up with friends last Tuesday to go to a zoo and then spend some time at the beach.  Due to so much rain we hadn't been to the beach at all this summer.  The fellowship with friends and gorgeous weather made it a great time. 

Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

 The third chapter in Having A Mary Heart in A Martha World focuses on the words of Jesus to Martha about being "anxious about many things".  The following quotes are a couple I underlined.  

"Worry is allowing problems and distress to come between us and the heart of God.  It is the view that God has somehow lost control of the situation and we cannot trust Him."

"Concern draws us to God.  Worry pulls us from him."

"That's the reason we can leave our worry behind -- not because there's nothing to be concerned about, but because we have Someone who can handle them a lot better than we can."


On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill

Kids preparing to go away to college

Logistics of other kids staying with family members. 

Wisdom for parenting.

8 comments:

  1. ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŽ‰ Thank you for your beautiful post. I find that part about your Bible verses and devotion the most wonderful. You wrote about the smoke from the Canadian fires. Is it close to you? Oh, and thank you for the podcast links as well. Always appreciated. God bless you. ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family every Saturday! It's good to have those specific requests you mentioned above.

    Great quotes you shared from Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. They really line up with the study I'm doing for Sunday School on Loving God with All Your Mind. It references Jesus' words in Matthew 6:34 about not being anxious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for your prayers. It really is the best gift and encouragement to know others are praying for us.

      Delete
  3. Love those quotes! One day, I WILL learn to bake bread from scratch. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found the bread recipe I use to be very forgiving; so a good one to try. I posted the recipe link along with changes my changes in this post. https://mamatomykids.blogspot.com/2020/05/rising-to-occasion.html

      Delete
  4. Hello Friend! I love in the north of the midwest and we get the haze often too. I pray that gets under control soon! Sounds like a fun family night out. ;0) Love your devotional thoughts. Especially in this world today. Have a very blessed week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are getting some nice weather today. I can't imagine dealing with all that smoke. Looks like you had a fun night out. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had good family time. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete