Monday, July 24, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 7/24/23

 Joining in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.  The past few weeks have been a whirlwind around here and will continue to be for the next month or so.  We went from possibly having one child headed to college this fall to having both our oldest children headed to two different colleges a week apart.  So, a lot of big changes around here.


The Weather:

Today is gorgeous out, sunny and in the 80's.  The humidity has finally broken a bit; at least for a couple days.

Outside my Window:

Sunny & green.  The bunnies and groundhogs have been very active today.  We have a mulberry tree and the fallen berries attract many little critters.

Right Now I am:

Blogging, chatting with my oldest girlie.


Thinking and Pondering:

Oh...so much; from what needs to be done in the next few weeks to how this week will go.


Podcasts I'm listening to this week:

Hoping to catch up on Inside the Pastors' Study 

Also listening to Cultivate by Kelly Minter

My kids also enjoy Adventures of the Starkeepers from Elevation Church. 


On my T.V this week:

Nothing really.


On the Dinner Plate:

Baked fish & chips with Strawberry Shortcake for dessert


On the Menu this week:

Big Mac Salad
Chicken Cesaer Salad
Baked Sweet Potatoes & Chicken
Tater Tot Shepherd's Pie
Brown Rice Salad


What I'm Reading:

Bible
The Shift by Maryanne Connor
The Queen of the Night by Vanessa Thurgood


On my To-Do list today:

Laundry
Grocery Shopping ✅

Plans for this week:

Keep up with laundry.

Take the kids on a daytrip

Host Youth Group

Continue helping kids with college prep


What I'm Creating:

I finished my crochet tunic!  Check out the pictures and details in my blog post It's Done! Crochet Edition

From the Camera:

Last week we took a daytrip to an aquarium a couple hours away. We really like this aquarium because there are indoor and outdoor exhibits. The kids really enjoyed the sea lion show.  



Highlight from Last week:

This past week was Vacation Bible School at our church.  It's always a lot of fun to see all the kids having such a great time learning Truths from God's Word. 

Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

Isaiah 25:1 O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you; I will praise your  name, for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of o… | Bible apps, Isaiah  25, Faith 

This verse is such an encouragement.  We may not know what our future holds but God does and His plans are wonderful, faithful and sure.

On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill

Kids preparing to go away to college

Logistics of other kids staying with family members. 

Wisdom for parenting.

5 comments:

  1. I hope it all goes well with your children and their college decisions! I will have to checkout that Podcast. my husband is a Pastor so we like to hear other pastors, especially in a casual setting! VBS is always a blessing, but also always very busy! I hope you have a wonderful week and get some rest in with all the busy things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tunic is AMAZING!!! I hope you have a gorgeous week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day trips are always fun. That tunic is super pretty. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your menu sounds good. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, lots of big changes coming indeed! And I love the Bible verse you shared. Isaiah is amazing; so packed with truth about God's character and sovereignty.

    ReplyDelete