Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Fly-by Post

 Quick post to say hi.  Life has been crazy here and will continue to be so for the next month or so.  I've been wanting to post but just haven't had time.  

This week is Vacation Bible School at our church so we have that each evening.  I'm helping with the Pre-K & K class.  Each lesson has a short devotional for the teachers to read over to prepare.  Last night's devotional ended with this prayer so I thought I'd share it here.

Glorious God,

I bless thee that I know thee.

I once lived in the world, but was ignorant of its Creator

was partaker of thy providences, but knew not the Provider,

was blind while enjoying the sunlight, 

was deaf to all things spiritual, with voices all around me,

understood many things, but had no knowledge of thy ways,

saw the world, but did not see Jesus only.

O happy day, when in thy love's sovereignty

thou didst look on me, and call me by grace.

Grant that I may always weep to the praise of mercy found,

and tell to others as long as I live,

that thou art a sin-pardoning God,

taking up the blasphemer and the ungodly,

and washing them from their deepest stain.

-(Excerpt from "The Great Discovery" in The Valley of Vision)

No comments:

Post a Comment