Saturday, January 15, 2011

2010 In review

Wow, it's hard to believe that it has been over two months since I've posted on here. Time sure does get away from me. I wanted to give a quick review of 2010 in relation to how I did on my goals.

First, it's pretty clear to see that I didn't make the "once a week" blogging goal. I had good intentions with this but unfortunately those intentions didn't translate into actions.

As for my Bible study goals. I did pretty well with this. I read several books and did a few studies. I admit that towards the end of the year I did slack and I am prayerfully looking to improve on this in 2011.

For crafting goals. I didn't make my "project a month" goal but I have to say I'm quite pleased with all that I did accomplish. I made 3 crocheted dolls (for my nieces that were born in 2010) and one for Keira (since she kept trying to steal the other dolls I was making) :) I also made a couple birthday gifts and 7 pairs of slippers (4 as Christmas gifts and 2 for my own girls). Below are a couple pictures showing 3 of the slippers and all of the dolls I made:








While I didn't make all my goals I have to say that 2010 was a year of much growth for me. I learned so much about God, His mercy, grace & comfort as well as His perfect timing. I'm certainly hoping to experience much more growth this year and have already seen & experienced God working in my life this year. I have set some goals for 2011 and will try to post those either later today or tomorrow.

In closing, Carrie, over at Life on a Back Road asked what word her readers would use to describe their goals for 2011. My word would be diligence. Diligence in seeking after and learning about God, diligence in teaching my children, praying for them and enjoying them. Diligence in caring for my husband, family and home.

2 comments:

  1. Diligence -- what a great word to have as your goal for this year!

    The crochet projects are wonderful! I was wondering what slipper pattern you used. My 7-yr. old and 9-yr. old granddaughters are here most every weekend, and they don't have slippers. I've been thinking about making them some, and those look as if they might work up quite quickly. Thanks in advance for any help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. T.,
    Thank you. I went looking for the link to the slipper pattern and cannot find it (I copied the pattern onto my computer but neglected to include the link with the pattern). I can e-mail you the pattern if you'd like. I'm sure it was a link from crochetpatterncentral.com but I can't seem to find it now.

    The slippers did work up quickly. I don't crochet very fast but each slipper took me about an hour. The original pattern is for kids ages 2-4. I made some larger ones and just wrote down my changes as I made the first one. I also added more of a cuff to a couple of pairs and wove a long lace (made just of chain stitch) thru the cuff so that they could be tied.

    ReplyDelete