Monday, April 22, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 4/22/24

Happy Monday! I'm so thankful to report that my back is doing much better.  Still a little sore in the morning and I'm taking it easy with lifting things, but I'm almost back to all my normal activities.  I'm also very thankful for wonderful kids and husband who picked up the slack and helped with everything from cooking dinner to helping me get my socks on.  It was a very humbling week! 

Let's jump right into this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.  

The Weather:

Another sunny warm(ish) day here.  It's in the 50's so not too warm but still nice.

Outside my Window:

 It's a beautiful spring day!  Yesterday the kids planted some perennial geraniums.  The ornamental pear tree is also blooming now.  The yard is really colorful!


 

Right Now I am:

Blogging and resting a bit while I wait for laundry to be ready to swap again.    


Thinking and Pondering: 

 Praying about a possible summer project. It's something that has been on my heart and mind for awhile now, I'm just not sure if it's just my desire or God's prompting. 
  
 Health Goal Accountability:
Needless to say, I didn't get much activity in last week.  I was hoping to take the kids on a local walk last week but by the time I was feeling up to it, the weather had changed and it was rainy.
 
We did do some yard-work and cleaned out the shed yesterday afternoon.  I also did a workout today and have spent the day cleaning the house. (we'll see if I regret this much activity tomorrow morning!)


Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
None this week.

On my T.V this week:

Probably will just watch some YouTube as new episodes come out.  I really enjoy Location, Location, Location and also Tasting History.  I've also recently discovered that The National Gallery (Britain) has a channel and they do half hour talks on the art and artists in their collection.

On the Dinner Plate:

Chicken & Vegetable Stir fry with brown basmati rice 
 
On the Menu this week: 
 

Need to do a menu.  

 
What I'm Reading:
Bible
Fugitive Telemetry (Book 6 of the Murderbot Diaries)
Be Confident: Live by Faith Not by Sight by Warren Weirsbe


On my To-Do list today:

Workout ✔
Laundry (working on this)
Blog ✔
Make Bread ✔
Clean house from weekend ✔

 

Plans for this week:

Watch another round of the Academic Bowl at the school
Go drop off donations and look for a few things at the thrift store 
Continue spring cleaning the house & yard

What I'm Creating:

I'm currently working on a hooded cardigan for myself.  I'm very excited about this project and hope it comes out well.  The original pattern used a now discontinued yarn so she suggested Lion Brand Heartland yarn as a suitable substitute.  I have to say, I love the colors and texture of the Heartland yarn.  I'm using the color Yosemite, which is a burnt orange/brown colorway.  

Oh, and I also made this pillow.  It was a silly project to learn the waffle stitch before making the washcloths I posted about last week.  I had this bright yellow blanket yarn leftover from another project and I have a lot of poly-fill.  My daughter loves it and has since claimed it as her "movie-watching" pillow. 



 

 

From the Camera:

I didn't take any pictures last week.





Highlight from Last week:

I'm thankful to say that I was feeling well enough by Wednesday to meet up with friends.  We were trying to remember the last time we had gotten together; I thought it had been about a year but one of my friends said she thought it was closer to two years!  It definitely was time for catching up! 
 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:
 





On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom in parenting.

Direction, time & diligence for a project.

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

Wisdom for how to deal with difficult things and to trust God with all!


3 comments:

  1. So glad your back is better. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your yellow pillow! It's so nice your daughter has claimed it for her movie watching pillow! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that your back is better! And glad you felt well enough to meet up with your friends.

    Your yellow pillow is so cheerful looking!

    I am also enjoying the Heartland yarn in my temperature blanket project.

    ReplyDelete