Thursday, July 2, 2020

Crafting again

I recently found the subreddit on reddit.com com for crochet.  Looking through the projects and posts I was inspired to start crocheting again.  These are my two most recent projects.  The first is an elephant lovey that I made as a baby gift.  The second is what I'm calling my "awesomely ugly stashbuster blanket". It's lap blanket size. I used up a lot of scraps of yarn and used this project to practice a corner to corner crochet pattern; I had made a C2C (corner to corner) blanket for Amy when she was born but haven't done one since.  I have a planned gift project that also is worked C2C so I wanted to practice.  It's not the prettiest blanket but definitely more useful than the yarn sitting in a tote; and it kind of makes me smile because it's just so crazy with the colors.  The edges are also a bit wonky because some of the yarns were different weights.  I may add a border at some point to hide this a bit, but for now it'll stay wonky. 




No comments:

Post a Comment