Tuesday, October 3, 2023

October already?!

It's hard to believe that October is already here!  I've been meaning to jump back in on the Happy Homemaker Monday posts but just haven't seemed to have the time.  Hopefully, in the next couple weeks I'll be able to do a few before the holidays start up!

The last few weeks have been filled full!  We celebrated another family birthday, had the annual Beach BBQ & Baptism with our church, spent time with family who were visiting from out of state and started all the fall activities up again.  

One of the fall activities we are involved in is the AWANA program at church.  I help out with the 3rd graders and this year our youngest started Sparks (K-2).  She was SO excited to earn her vest and book by saying John 3:16. 

Sparks SkyStormer Essentials – Awana

 If you're not familiar with AWANA it's a great kids program that teaches Biblical truths while focusing a lot on Scripture memorization.  The older kids have youth group, PTO for the school has begun and clubs at the high school are also getting back into full swing. So, all that to say, we are good and life is FULL right now. 

One fun thing is that the deer we spotted in our yard have returned a few times now. I was able to get another picture of them yesterday.  There is a shrub along the edge of our yard that they really love to eat; thankfully they do not care for the blueberry bush leaves or lilacs so I'm happy to let them roam and eat the wild shrubbery. 

Oh!  and I also finally started working on my daughters graphgan.  This one is definitely going to be a process but I'm already liking the results from the small amount I've been able to get done.  

One last thing, our oldest girl is away at college (and loving it!); while there she is attending a church in town that only has acappella music in their services.  The song below is one of her favorites and a new-to-me song so I thought I would share.  I love all types of music but don't listen to a lot of acappella music.  I really enjoyed the beautiful harmony of voices.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment