Monday, October 16, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday 10/16/23

 Joining in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.  Wow, a month since I've been able to sit down and blog.  I often think of it and I have a note in my phone with outlines for several blog posts but it seems time fills up and goes by. So, I'll just be content to pop in and join when I can.

The Weather:

Cloudy and wet.  It's supposed to be cloudy and cool for most of the week. Definitely feeling like fall; however the foliage hasn't been as bright. 

Outside my Window:

Wet leaves, some are changing colors but we still have green on many of the trees.

Right Now I am:

Blogging, getting a slow start to today; last week was one of "those" weeks so I'm just enjoying the quiet while waiting for the laundry to finish.


Thinking and Pondering: 

 So much on my mind.  Thankful that God is faithful, thankful for His lessons; even when they are hard.  Also, thinking about all the planning for the next couple months.  We have a getaway (adults only) with friends coming up, a special date night with other friends, college kids to get home (one comes for Thanksgiving and Christmas and then both for Christmas), holiday planning, a couple family birthdays, church events, etc. 

 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
 
I haven't listened to any recently. 

On my T.V this week:

We've gotten into Agatha Christie movies recently so we might watch one of those.  We also haven't watched the new episode of Loki and I've been enjoying the new season of the Great British Baking show so I'll probably catch up on that at some point as well.


On the Dinner Plate:

Sweet Potato, Sausage & Spinach soup

On the Menu this week:

I need to sit down today and figure out a menu.  With colder weather we'll probably be having more soups & casseroles.

What I'm Reading:

Bible
A White Bird Flying by Bess Streeter Aldrich (the sequel to A Lantern in Her Hand)
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by JoAnna Weaver


On my To-Do list today:

Finish Laundry 
Clean up from weekend

Vacuum basement

Grocery List & Menu



Plans for this week:

Keep up with housework.
Work on blanket
Go to monthly ladies study


What I'm Creating:

I want to finish up a hook board that I started some time ago. I'm hoping to hang it in the kitchen for aprons (still haven't done this). I started the graphgan for my daughter but haven't had much time to work on it.

From the Camera:

There is a beautiful walking path a couple towns over.  It's about 2 miles through the woods and around a pond.  I managed to make it over there twice last week.  
 



Highlight from Last week:

A much needed walk and conversation with a friend and another friend stopping by with one of her sons to visit.  Christian friendships are such an amazing gift from God.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

Do the words in the Book of Hebrews,'looking unto Jesus, the author and  finisher of our faith', prove the doctrines of Perseverance of the Saints  and Irresistible Grace. If not, how do



On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom for parenting.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture. It looks like a wonderful place to take a walk. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that soup sounds so good! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great time to work on a blanket with clouds and rain in forecast. Have a great week 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture is stunning. It is so nice to have fall here. I have missed the cool weather! Have a very blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely stunning photo! Makes me want to get out and walk. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a beautiful place to walk! Have a wonderful week! Maybe next week I will find time for Happy Homemaker Monday again.

    ReplyDelete