Tuesday, April 12, 2022

The "Good"? side of social media

 As I've mentioned before, I shut down my Facebook account.  It has definitely been a positive thing.  While I believe that social media needs to be used with great discernment; I'm certainly not against all social media and am very thankful for the technology we have. For example,  I do still have an Instagram account and enjoy seeing the pictures and thoughts shared there.   Not only do I have Instagram but I use the YouVersion app all the time and appreciate that you can go through a plan with other people.  When you set up a group, YouVersion adds a page at the end of the plan where group members can share their thoughts and can have discussions.  

Over the past couple months there have been a couple Instagram posts that have caught my eye and the thoughts have stayed with me so I thought I would share.  The quote on faithlessness is a comment someone made in the YouVersion discussion in one of the current plan I'm reading with others.  



"Rest is a test of trust.  When you're tempted to overwork to control an outcome, trust God and REST."

~Amanda Pittman~ 

"There are two mindsets that you can live with.  "I wish others would do that for me."  "That's something I can do for others."  The first fosters resentment, the second fosters joy.

~Anneliese~ 

"If you ask, "Why is this happening?" no light may come, but if you ask, "How am I to glorify God now?" there will always be an answer."

~ J.J. Packer~ 



What are some social media "gems" that you have found?  

No comments:

Post a Comment