Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Tuesday Thoughts

So over the past week I've been praying about what I really want as a vision for this blog.  I'm not quite there yet and still praying about it.  Here are a few things I do know:

1) I want the content to be glorifying to God
2) I want this to be a place for open conversation.  Yes, it's my blog but I want it to be a place where readers pour a cup of coffee, read and engage; sharing what God is doing in their lives as well.
3) I want it to include some form of music, sharing new songs, old favorites, stories behind the songs.  I find that music speaks to the soul in ways that words alone can't always do.

Today I also wanted to share a new devotional I've started.  While reading through some of my older posts I came upon one that mentioned a pamphlet I had read titled "My Heart, Christ's Home"; in that post I had mentioned that there was also a devotional book.  Well, over the years I have kept the pamphlet but forgot about the devotional.  I ordered the devotional a few weeks ago and have recently started going through the study.  It's been a great reminder of how my heart is truly where Christ's Spirit lives...what kind of home am I providing for Him?  The quote below is from today's reading and I found it to be an encouraging way to look at our quiet times with Jesus.

"He is my guest.  I invited him into my heart! He has come as my Savior and Friend to live with me.  Yet here I am neglecting him."  "He said "The trouble is that you have been thinking of the quiet time...as a means for your own spiritual growth...you have forgotten that this time means something to me also...the truth that Christ wants my fellowship, that he loves me, wants me to be with him and waits for me, has done more to transform my quiet time with God than any other single fact.  Don't let Christ wait alone in the living room of your heart."  ~ Robert Boyd Munger

The devotional is available from Amazon and ChristianBook.com  I'll include the links below for anyone interested in checking it out.

Christianbook.com Commitment: My Heart Christ's Home
Amazon.com Commitment: My Heart Christ's Home

No comments:

Post a Comment