Monday, March 18, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday 3/18/24

Phew!  It has been a busy (good) couple of weeks around here.  We managed to squeeze in quite a bit of fun while our oldest girl was home on spring break.  She needed to visit a couple art museums for one of her classes so she and I checked out a couple local places we had never been to before.  We also were able to rent a friends condo last minute so that Matt and some of the kids could get one more ski day in this year.  It was a great overnight trip but we both agreed next time needs to be longer.  Last week was filled with meetings and visiting a friend along with the normal weekly activities.  On Saturday we took a day trip to a Sculpture walk, some of the sculptures were fascinating! This week is looking to be another busy week so I wanted to get this up earlier in the day. Jumping on really quick to join in this week's Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom.  

The Weather:

It's sunny again!  It's a bit chilly here but sunny today.  One thing about such a dreary, gray, rainy winter is it definitely makes me more thankful for the sunny days.

Outside my Window:

Clear blue skies, some trees budding, most of the wood is cleared from the tree that fell. 

Right Now I am:

Taking a minute to sit and blog before getting started with my day.    


Thinking and Pondering: 

All that I need to do this week.     
 
Podcasts I'm listening to this week:
I've been listening to David Platt's podcast; Radical.  I so appreciate his teaching.   I've also listened to some more American History Tellers recently.

On my T.V this week:

We've been enjoying History's Greatest Mysteries; so we'll probably watch some more of those.

On the Dinner Plate:

Brown Rice Salad with Chicken 
 
On the Menu this week: 
 

I need to do a full menu plan but a couple recipes still on last week's menu are:

Baked Pasta

Lentil Soup 

 
What I'm Reading:
Bible
Network Effect (Book 5 of the Murderbot Diaries) -This is the first full length book in the series.
Be Confident: Live by Faith Not by Sight by Warren Weirsbe


On my To-Do list today:

Workout
Laundry (catch up on folding)
Blog
Take kids to library
Vacuum upstairs

 

Plans for this week:

Catch up on laundry

Work on a crochet Easter dress for our youngest.

Continue to research some things for a possible project

Help band teacher 2 days

Go visit my sister

Attend and lead this month's Gathering Table (church women's group)


What I'm Creating:

Our youngest requested a crocheted Easter dress.  I made her one a few years ago and it got a lot of wear (for awhile it was the only thing she would wear to church).  She has outgrown that one so she wanted a new one this year.  Most of my "relaxing" time has been spent on that and thankfully it looks like I'll get it done in time.  
 
I'm using up yarn that I already had which is a pastel multi-colored yarn.  This yarn worked up in a stripe pattern, which is cute but now that I'm adding the sleeves it's much more time consuming as I'm trying to somewhat match up with the dress stripes.  I love the pattern but if I made another one I would definitely use a solid color yarn.  I'll be sure to post pictures when it is done.

From the Camera:

 

A view from the top of the sculpture trail.

                I found this sculpture so fun.  It always amazes me how they can make stone look soft.


                While the other kids went skiing, I took two of our girls for a little hike near the condo.  

                            This waterfall was so pretty with all the moss covered rocks.

                These paperweights were at one of the museums. I had watched a documentary about the                                             company that makes them so it was neat to see them in person.


Highlight from Last week:

Visiting a friend, special day trips making fun memories.

 
Bible Verse/Devotional Quote:

Thinking a lot about words and how we use them.  I was going to share some thoughts here but it got to be a bit long so if you're interested you can read my thoughts about 1 Peter 3:4 in this blog post.  

For now I'll just share these guidelines that I often repeat to myself and my kids. Before you speak T.H.I.N.K.



On My Prayer List:

Family & Friends who are ill.

Kids away at college and kiddos here this school year.

Wisdom in parenting.

Direction, time & diligence for a project.

Peace & the willingness to let go of things that are not mine to carry.

Wisdom for how to deal with difficult things and to trust God with all!


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great week. Can't wait to see pictures of that dress you are crocheting. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this, Elisha! The week just past sounds so fun and so busy -- and it does indeed look as if you have another busy one coming up this week.

    When I was a child I had a friend whose grandfather collected paperweights that resemble those. I was always so fascinated by them with all the colors and designs.

    Looking forward to seeing the finished Easter dress.

    And that THINK acronym -- oh, if only more of us (me included) paid attention to that! Thanks for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete