Tuesday, June 1, 2021

The Mother's Day gift that kept giving.

 Can you believe that it's already June!  This year is just flying by; which is why this Mother's Day post is just now getting put together. This year I received an extra special Mother's Day gift that became even more special over the following week.

As some of my readers know, my oldest daughter is quite the artist.  She draws, does digital art and has recently moved to trying her hand at painting.  She is planning to attend art school after high school but already blesses many with her talents.  This Mother's Day she gifted me this original painting.  I love the colors and fun flower print.  

Later that evening I was texting with my sister-in-law and shared how I thought the print would make a lovely purse but had no idea how to turn this print into fabric.  She told me that JoAnn Fabrics has a service where they will print custom fabric using an image.  I poked around their website but couldn't find where she had seen this information.  Enter Google!  After a simple search I found this site but quickly figured out that sewing my own purse just wasn't something I felt confident to do.  While I love creating things, sewing has always been something I'm not confident with; I just hate the feeling that if I make one wrong cut I could ruin beautiful (and costly) fabric.  However, as I looked around their site more I discovered that you could order a custom printed tote directly from them!  You simply upload your image choose the bag you want and use their online tool to make it look exactly how you'd like.  I chose a leather tote; I needed to replace my purse and had been looking for a leather bag since they hold up better than many other fabrics.  The price was really no higher than a name brand bag; although certainly still a splurge.  I showed the preview to my husband and he thought it was so cool too.  Check out the tote!  I think they did a beautiful job and the quality is wonderful.  



*disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with this company nor receiving any benefit from this post; I'm simply sharing a very cool site & service. Please always check with the artist before using any original art..and be sure to compensate them well if they let you use their art!


Check out my daughter's instagram @wolfyyy_05 she's got a lot of cool things posted!  

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing result from the original gift! It's wonderful how much can be done with digital images. Very cool project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yes, it's amazing what technology allows us to do.

    ReplyDelete