Thursday, June 24, 2021

Blankets, blankets, everywhere.

 Well...maybe not everywhere.  One of the kids requested a blanket because they didn't have a "mom-made" blanket.  After making that one a few of the other kids put in requests for blankets.  So far, I've made 4 blankets.  The first one I made I used the C2C (corner to corner) method and while I love the look there were so many sections of different colors and ends to weave in.  The next two I used the single crochet mosaic (or grid) method.  This method made for a tighter texture but I like the cleaner look since there aren't as many holes.  I recently found a tip for making a C2C blanket with smaller holes so I may try that at some point.  The last blanket was made using a simple pattern of alternating single and double crochets; we've dubbed it the "Nemo" blanket since it is reminiscent of a clown fish.  I'd love to hear about the craft projects you're working on this year!









No comments:

Post a Comment