Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Update on Goals and a few recipes to share.



I've finished some of my goals already so I thought I would update what is done.  I also wanted to share two of my standby recipes.  First, the goal update.


Goals:
1) Finish reading "Crazy Love" - DONE
2) Read 2 presidential biographies (Garfield & Harding books are on the way) - finished one still reading the Harding book
3) Continue attending More for Moms & Mom's Night Out - Done so far
4) Continue running for as long as possible - Still running 4-5 times a week
5) Use Prenatal Fitness Fix DVD regularly - Not regularly but do this sometimes when I don't run.
6) Finish crocheting Keira's blanket - DONE
7) Crochet blanket for baby (once we find out gender) - still waiting to find out gender
8) Set up daily schedules (had forgotten about this but need to do this) - I don't do this every day but usually in the morning I make a list of what needs to be done that day.
9) Declutter kid's rooms - Not yet
10) Find and complete a Bible study of 1 John - Still need to find one.


And now for the recipes....
One thing that I have done for awhile now is make our own bread.  It saves quite a bit of money and I'm able to control the ingredients.  As life has gotten busier & busier I'm always looking for ways to simplify tasks.  A few months ago I came across a recipe for one hour sandwich bread.  Including baking time it takes just an hour.   Then, several weeks ago I came across another recipe for 30 minute rolls.  While I do find these take a bit longer than 30 minutes they are still quick. I've also shaped these to use as hamburger buns & that works well also .

One Hour Sandwich Bread:
http://www.foodiewithfamily.com/2010/04/17/one-hour-sandwich-bread/
**I have successfully substituted 1/2 of the flour with white whole wheat flour.  I also usually add 2 TB of flax seed.  I cook this is greased loaf pans and do not use the pan of water in the oven.

30 minute yeast rolls:
 http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/30-minute-rolls/
**I shape into 15 rolls (which are plenty big enough) and bake for 13-15 minutes.  To make burger buns I shape into 12 flatter rolls and place on cookie sheet that has been sprinkled with corn meal.  Bake the same as the rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment