Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A poem to share

Several years ago I found this poem and ever since have kept it in the cover to my Bible.  There is no author listed and I don't even remember where I found the poem.

When I first saw this poem I thought it was a great reminder.  As life has gone on, tragedies have struck, life has taken twists and turns that I never expected and there have been many hurts.  Along with these there has been the clear guiding hand of God and I have seen many blessings and growth not just in myself but in others facing difficult or unexpected circumstances.  The words of Isaiah ring so true
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9 
 

The Rose
It is only a tiny rosebud -
A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine

The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I - 
The flower God opens so swetly
In my hands would fade and die.

If I cannot unfold a rosebud
The flower of God's design,
Then how can I think I have wisdom
to unfold this life of mine?

So I'll trust in Him for His leading
Each moment of every day,
And I'll look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the pilgrim way.

For the pathway that lies before me
My Heavenly Father knows -
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments 
Just as He unfolds the rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment